Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

6340i reviews... is it worth getting?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by kargiver, Oct 22, 2003.

1. kargiver

kargiver Member

Greetings all,

I like the form factor of the 6340i and am considering getting the phone. The versatility seems unbelievable. I have a couple of questions though based on the other postings I have read on the discussion groups. What is the latest firmware version? Is it version 5.3 or newer? Also, has cingular addressed being able to pick which network you use (GSM vs TDMA) or is it still chosen automatically? Finally, how is the voice/sound quality? Does it compare at all to the 6310i?

Thanks for the answers. This forum is FANTASTIC!!!

Greg

2. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I also really like the form factor of the 6340i....I'm not much of a flip phone fan (they don't really flip..seem more like a cosmetic case to me; hard to use with one hand).

It automatically switches, but you can get it to go only in TDMA. The sound is good and the RF great. Also the battery life is long. The IR is really nice with Nokia PC suite and Mobile Master (can sych calendar with Palm Pilot). The external ant plug is easy to use.

Only problem is that when it does switch between TMDA and GSM, your call will be dropped. This is mostly a problem if your driving. However, driving on all the interstates in Mass, it was all gsm for me, with no switches. As GSM dominates this becomes less of a problem.

RF output is 1 W, but perhaps may be limited by towers to 0.6 W

Yes the firmware is 5.X, but if you get the newest phone, I'm sure you will get this. I have an old firmware, and it works fine.

Some of the negative comments on this forum, don't really hold water I found.