Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Dieseldoug, May 11, 2005.

1. Dieseldoug

Dieseldoug Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto i760
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel
    Everytime I decide to give a Moto a try I end up hating the decision I make. Just picked up a 6230 and Nokia's are by far MUCH better holding signals and not dropping calls.

Just need some help on how I can get some pictures I saved from my v551 over to my 6230.

By the way I saved the photos to my desktop with Moto Phone Tools but now I need to figure out what I need to use on the 6230.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Some methods:

1.If you have an MMC reader for your PC ( $20.) Take the MMC out of the 6230 and drag your photos from the PC to the card.

2. Read the 6230 manual, get the free Nokia PC suite from the nokiausa.com web site (under 6230 software) and use either bluetooth, Infrared port, or buy the Data cable from Nokia to transfer your photos over.

option 2 is highly recommended because the software does other neat things. If you have large MP3 files, the MMC reader is a worthwhile investment.

Good luck! Welcome to Nokia's great operating software and hardware.

3. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    For clarity I should add once you have a Ir or bluetooth configuration set up between your PC and phone, you don't need to use PC Suite software directly to simply transfer file. The phone will come up like another drive under My Computer.

The pc suite lets you convert, edit music, photo, tone files and send SMS messages directly from the PC...ie using your pc keyboard instead of the phones keypad.

4. Dieseldoug

Dieseldoug Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto i760
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel
    Thanks Viewfly! :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Dieseldoug

Dieseldoug Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto i760
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel
  6. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
  7. Dieseldoug

Dieseldoug Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto i760
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel

Geez I didn't even noticed that. I like your avatar! How can I get something like that? :confused:

#7 Dieseldoug, May 13, 2005
    Last edited: May 13, 2005
  8. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    There is a WA poster, Gideon H who makes avatars for free. I did mine alone using cut and paste images from Nokia & Cingular sites and free software like Photoshop LE and ArcSoft. The phone wallpaper came from some PC screen saver file.

Thanks for the compliment.

9. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Hi Dieseldoug, just wanted to say hello to a fellow satisfied 6230 user.

BTW: Your profile has a small typo, it says "6320b" ;) .

Here is a picture of the 6230b in the original Cingular colors. (The red is one of the ones I made for myself) You can doctor it any way you want and reduce it to fit the 100x100 requirement.

Let me know if you need any help.

#9 charlyee, May 13, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  10. Dieseldoug

Dieseldoug Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto i760
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel
    Thanks Charlyee!!!!! Feeling kinda dumb now but sure glad you brought it to my attention. Thanks for the pics and I may be in touch. I have the full version of Photoshop but haven't used it much to cut and paste.

Some other things I was wondering:

1. I noticed the backlight on the 6230 only stays on for a short time, which is a pain in the butt, is there a way to tweak that to keep it on longer? There are no options in the phone setting menu.

2. For those that like a holster belt clip I discovered you can use the generic 6200 clip and hold a lighter to right angle part on top and give it a bend and it will tighten up nicely to hold the phone secure.

11. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    1. Yes the backlight going of so quickly is quite irritating but I don't know of any way to tweak it. Somebody else may have figured a way out, if I come across something, I will post it.

2. Good suggestion on the holster clip, I don't use one myself but I am sure someone would find it helpful.

Glad you are happy with the 6230.

12. stefanel

stefanel New Member

I just got my unlocked 6230 for TMobile US.

How can I configure this phone to work with T zones, email etc?