Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

6230 not ringing

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by josephd, Jun 20, 2006.

1. josephd

josephd Tomorrow is another day.

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    White iPhone 5C 16GB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Okay why is it my week old 6230 will not ring anymore, the vibrate works fine and all my message tones work but no matter what the ringtone is the phone will not ring. I finally find a phone with excellant RF and I am happy with and now I have to go back to my V3. Driving a truck I need the phone to ring as I do not always feel the vibrate mode on the phone... Oh well any suggestions?
    Thanks

2. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I'm sorry to hear this! The only suggestion I can think of is to reset the phone to factory settings. then shut it off.. remove the battery and re-insert it. turn it on and see what happens

About two weeks ago I was listening to my music player on my phone and I hit the suspend button and ignored it for awhile. when I came back..I ended the program, but then realized I had no tones.... like when I hit the end button it should make a little back to top tone..nothing. no ringtones on the side keys..nothing!
    So I simply shut if off and started it back up and voila... that was it.
    It might have just froze or as my step-dad says... it had a brain fart. :)
    sorry..his saying not mine!:browani:
    Good luck josephd. I hope you are able to figure it out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. josephd

My Phone:
    White iPhone 5C 16GB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

Thank-you kjo, that worked!, and you can call me Joe:)Thanks again.

4. josephd

My Phone:
    White iPhone 5C 16GB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Update:I guess I am going to back to my V3 the 6230 keeps going back to no ring at all and sometimes even though there is a signal it will not even vibrate so I do not know what may be wrong this could be one of the bad 6230's.... thanks

5. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Joe, I am very sorry to hear that the 6230 is not working out for you. A batch of them did have problems but I didn't think what you are describing was it. When I had my 6230 & 6682, I was spefically talked out of using the regular 64K SIM and stick to my original 32K, so I don't know if this maybe a factor in your case.

PS: Shores has the Nokia reset codes posted, one last try maybe to use that and bring it back to factory conditions, just a suggestion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yeah! I'm glad it worked Joe!

I'm sorry. Here I thought wow...my advice was good for a change!:browani:
    back to josephd... I lost the rights to call you Joe....:biggrin: :eek:
    Can Cingular give you another one? or did you get off of ebay or something?

7. josephd

My Phone:
    White iPhone 5C 16GB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Got the phone off e-bay, Cingular discontinued the phone. It bugs me that everything works well but the phone decided not to ring anymore so now I have a new paperweight.....thanks for your assistance:)

8. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T

Forgive me..I'm new the gsm scene and not sure how long Cingular keeps software updates on file for phones (need to get my stepdad's phone updated if they still have updates for a LG 4400), but perhaps getting the phone flashed with updated software might correct the ringing issue???
    just a thought.

9. josephd

My Phone:
    White iPhone 5C 16GB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

Thanks kjo,
    At this point I am done I found a Nokia forum and 2 other users have experienced the same problem with no solution. I am very dissappointed in Nokia and should have learned after buying two junk 6682's.

10. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I think your real disappointment should be directed at ebay. I have my orginial 6230, Cingular banded, about 1.5 years now...no problems at all. I know there were a bad batch of Cingular 6230's and there were canceled. But the phone (unbranded, with no problems) can still be bought from Nokia direct and the newer version 6230i (both with Nokia warrenty, 1 year)

As a Cingular rep informed me, the 6230 was Cingular's internal workhorse phone. It's a pro phone.

The real problem is that someone on ebay sold you a bum phone and probably knew it too. Buyer beware.

11. josephd

My Phone:
    White iPhone 5C 16GB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Thank-you viewfly, you are probably right about this phone from e-bay so I guess I am out of luck. I could send this in to Nokia for a warranty repair but the minimum charge is $100 so it could be more. As for Nokia, the rep who I might add was very polite and helpful said they no longer offer this phone for sale.
    Is there a lesson learned here? yes pay full price for a phone and then you have somewhere to go if it is defective. So I guess I should not be dissapointed in Nokia this is partially my fault. What bothers me is the seller says it is new never used yet it came in an opened box.......