Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

6126 on Cingular web page $79.

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by viewfly, Mar 22, 2007.

1. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I see now that Cingular has the 6126 on it's web page for $79.99 :) No contract price $229.00

As Bobolito said it would...

2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    A year-old phone finally makes it to Cingular's lineup!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ellen

Ellen Guest

Hopefully they would have done a few software updates to it during the years time so that at&t customers who do purchase this phone won't have to put up with to many bugs that it might have.

4. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    LOL, true enough. Maybe MMS works on this phone. I've had my 6131 for 7 months now (no problems, no chipped paint, no damaged screens etc); looks like new. I'm finding that I don't use the radio much...the mp3 player/FM radio is always at the ready with headphones already attached.

But even at one year, this Nokia is a pretty far bar to reach up to compared with most phones that people currently have. So I think it will do well with a certain group of users.

I was on extensive travel to the UK last Feb. I was surprised to see that the 6230i was one of the most popular phones sported by business users. Now that is a old, but rugged Nokia.

P.S.: the price now with rebate is $49!!

5. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    viewfly, you may want to check out the MMS on your 6131 again as I saw over on HoFo reports from people with "unsupported" phones that theirs started working.

6. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Just bought this phone last week. Been trialing it all week before posting. I like it. Its the first phone I've had that, for voice-dialing, wasn't speaker-dependent. Instead, it is language dependent. So now all the entries in the stored list can be dialed by merely speaking entry as it is listed in my "phonebook."

Though pics at full-zoom are worthless, the 1mp camera is actually pretty nice. It is more slender than my prior Moto V551. The Moto was okay but I've never cared for Moto products.

Pairing with my bluetooth device is also better than with the Moto.

The spring-loaded open button is a nice feature--no more prying the flip open with my fingers.

I have yet to get the mini (or is it micro?) card so I haven't used any of the possible storage features.

The only I miss from the Moto is the external clock. With the Moto I could quickly check the time by merely pressing one of the side buttons and the external display would light up. With the Nokia 6126, no such "luck."

7. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Congrats! The Mini-display will display a clock...I have the 'power saver' feature and the screen saver set for 'analogue clock' on for the Mini-display.

Additionally, when the phone goes into sleep mode, a b/w digital clock will float on the Mini screen. Secondly, depressing the power button on the right side will light up the Mini screen to show the full display: clock, bar level, battery level, etc. Even when the phone is locked.

Yours should do that too.

Best,
    vf

8. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Yup, U R rite. I thought I had tried that. Dang.

I knew about the outside clock. It was just a matter of not being able to read it. but now I can.

9. dmapr

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    My biggest gripe with the voice-dialing on my 6131 (and it's possibly 6126 is the same) is that I can't find a way to dial numbers other than default for multi-number contacts, I have to actually open the phone and scroll to the number if I want to do it or save different types of numbers for the same person as different entries. If you find a better way around it, I'd love to hear about it!

10. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Very interesting. I've actually been wanting to test to see what happens in that very situation because i have people listed from my old phone with mobile, home, work, etc. So, I spoke the name of one person and what happened is the 6126 listed all occurances of that name so I could choose. Which is exactly what the instruction manual said would happen.

What I plan on doing is reworking the listings so that they display something like:

[ContactName] Cell
    [ContactName] Home
    [ContactName] Work

That way, if I want to call Joe Smith at home, I can merely speak:
    Joe Smith Home.

If you haven't thought about it, go to Nokia's website and download the PDF for your machine then use search functions to find what you want. I copy it to my USB drive and then to any machine I use. (I've been downloading PDF files for just about everything I own for the past few years because I always end up losing the paper copy.)

11. dmapr

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Yep, the same on mine — and just what the manual says. However, I don't think the manual has been updated, and they've released several firmware updates since the initial release, so it wouldn't be completely unfathomable that they have added something for that. Cingular 6126 has pretty recent firmware, so I thought maybe they've done it there. Oh well, I don't want to re-label the contacts, in most the cases the default number is the one I'm calling, and for the remaining ones I've set up speed dialing.

I do the same exact thing with the manuals — I have downloaded PDFs for all the phones I own (and a few my friends own as they often ask me for assistance), using search in the PDF sure beats reading the printed manual :)

12. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Note just phones though. Anything that comes with a user manual, the first thing I do is look for a "soft" copy. Got PDFs for my water heater, garage door, MP3, digital camera, dish washer, etc, etc, etc.

13. dmapr

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    LOL, you're much more diligent with it than I am. I have downloaded some non-phone manuals — for my receiver and DVD player, but that's about it. You're totally right, of course :)

14. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    MMS has always worked on my 6131. Has it not worked for some people? The only thing I could not send over MMS is video, but text, audio and pictures have always worked for me over MMS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. dmapr

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    The problem was that on a picture MMS Cingular would resize the image to the minimum size possible, although the MMS itself would work.

16. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I think that's the way MMS works on every phone.

17. dmapr

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    I know there's a separate setting on the phone itself, which I turned off. When I tried with a 30K picture on my 6820, I received a 30K picture I sent. The same picture with 6131 resulted in a 12K picture being received (or something along those lines, don't remember the exact numbers). According to the latest reports it's been fixed now.