Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

6015i vs. 3589i

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by peacenik, Oct 28, 2004.

1. peacenik

peacenik New Member

I am so bummed. Due to finances, I've been unable for months to pull the trigger on finally getting a phone. Now, there's light at the end of the tunnel, but the phone I had my eye on, the 3589i via Verizon is no longer being offered through the Verizon site. It's already going for $100 on Ebay.

Questions:

1. The Nokia phone Verizon is now offering is the 6015i and it is actually $10 cheaper. But is it a cheaper/lower quality phone? (I was really attracted to the 3589i because of all the rave reviews regarding reception. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles and don't want a flip phone. I also liked the looks of it a little better than the 6015i.)

2. I realize from a little shopping that I could still get the 3589i, free even, by going through another company. Is it true that this is risky? (I've heard very good things about Verizon customer service and I don't really want to have to deal with some other company, possibly some sleazy online operation. Verizon's coverage in my area beats all the competitors, so that and good customer service sold me, even though I could get a slightly cheaper rate plan from another carrier.)

Thanks for any info you got!

2. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    The 3589i is still available at some Verizon Wireless stores. My wife just got one the other day. One thing that drives her nuts, though, is that the time isn't displayed on the home screen, only the screensaver. Since her phone doubles as her watch, this annoys her and she wants to try the 6015i to see if it has the time on it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile

Zap, I replied to your other threat in the NOkia forum... the 3589i does have a clock on the home screen ;)
    I'm sure the 6015i does as well, even though I haven't used one yet.

4. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    Oddly enough, some quirk in that particular handset caused it not to be able to display the time. I'm no Luddite when it comes to cell phones, I know the menus up and down, and that phone was not able to display it. Even the CSR at the Burbank store scratched her head. It was also missing the Get It Now feature and the menu to display network settings (NAM, etc.) was missing.

I think it's a lemon phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Zap, I know that you know a lot about cellular phones ;)

That's wierd, no wonder the phone didn't get good reception, etc. if it was so screwed up.

Well, let us know how it goes.

Andy

6. tattoounknown28

My Phone:
    nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    i love my 3589i good phone just dont come with games like the 6015i does but it has more ringtones.

7. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Hello-
    I have the Nokia 6015i and I really like it. I know this is not comparing it to the 3589i but I figure I might as well say what I like and dislike to help people know about it. I like the fact that it is not a flip I do not like flip phones. Also for the average user this is a good phone battery life and reception are very good. True this phone could be built better but for what you pay is what you get most of the time. I got this phone for free through my company and I am glad I have it. Overall I would rate this phone a 8.5/10

8. peacenik

peacenik New Member

Wow, I'd forgotten about this thread. Thanks, Ryan, but since I posted that I have switched carriers and phones. I decided, in the end, to go with Cingular, and have the Nokia 3120. I'm very happy with the phone, though there are a few quirks that I don't like, and Cingular was just so much of a better deal in terms of plans, with the Cingular network, post merger, coming close to the Verizon coverage in my area.

Now that I have my phone, I hope to be a resource to others here, since this forum was so helpful to me.

Thanks!