Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

5165 anyone know how or if?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by techy, Jun 27, 2002.

1. techy

techy New Member

any one know how or if it is possible to reprogram the 5165 at&t phone to work on the cingular network i was told when i bought the phone it could work on it buy cingular (17yr old) employees said it is not possible,seems there would be a flash to program the phone to work any help appreciated

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    techy,
    No need to post the same thread twice. (I deleted the other already) Thanks. [​IMG]

3. Guest

Guest Guest

The 5165 should work if you're in a market using TDMA technology.
    Go to a store owned by cingular and make them call a technician.

4. tino

tino Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizonwireless, at&t
    the phone is probably locked to AT&T service, yes it will work with cingular but AT&T locks their phones as does most carriers, No one in the att stores has this code nor would they give it too you to use with Cingular...the same if you were trying to use Cingular phone with ATT, sorry

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. rbw411

rbw411 Junior Member

The phone will work, but it will act very strange, sometimes caller id sometime not. It will say roam sometimes, it pretty much sucks. I would not do it. I have tried this and thats how I know.

6. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    If activated with Cingular and not unlocked, the phone will tend to favor AT&T towers anyway, so you may lose some features and in some areas you may lose the ability to receive and make calls entirely. However, in some regions, it will work perfectly fine such as NYC, NJ, PA, DE, DC, and MD.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...