Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

3GS JB/upgraded to IOS4

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by Scrumhalf, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    First of all, greetings to all - haven't been on this site for quite a while - hope all are doing well!! :)

Just wanted to let folks know that I JB/upgraded my 3GS that had been running 3.0.1 to IOS4. I used the Pwnage tool to create a custom IOS4 IPSW and then used that to do the upgrade. I then subsequently unlocked the phone using ultrasn0w on Cydia.

Everything went well - so if anyone is contemplating the upgrade, there is nothing to fear.. :D

Some of the better Cydia apps like Statusnotifier don't work with IOS4 and others like SBSettings have some bugs, so we might have to wait a bit for the developers to update the apps, but I'm liking IOS4 so far - looks pretty slick.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  2. hf1khal

hf1khal Who am I to judge

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iphone 4, 3G S, BB 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility, MTC Touch
    Did the upgrade on 2 3GS and yesterday I jailbroke one using jailbreakme (the other I gave to my nephew). Today I jailbroke the iphone 4 and now waiting for the soft unlock and for the SIM cutter and adapter to arrive by mail.

3. hf1khal

My Phone:
    iphone 4, 3G S, BB 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility, MTC Touch
    Good luck. There aren't many that are free other that way too many themes. However, there are some great paid apps out there especially for the locked home screen

By the way set Curia by unxhecking the themes and ringtones as this will speed up it's load process and that way you will get what you want to see in the changes

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7

4. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    If you pay for a Cydia app and then you get a new iPhone, is there any way to transfer that app to the new phone? or do we have to buy it again? I know with iTunes you can transfer whatever app you've purchased to a new phone. But I bought the PDANet app when I had the iPhone 3G and would like to install it in my new iPhone 4 but I don't want to pay again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 bobolito, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  5. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Supposedly you have to email the developer and they'll transfer the serial to your new phone.

Ofcourse, I am not an IPhonie, so take it for what it's worth. LOL :D

6. hf1khal

My Phone:
    iphone 4, 3G S, BB 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility, MTC Touch
    Or you can ask them via twitier: PdaNet (PdaNet) on Twitter
    I think that there is a program that can re-install the cydia app from a backup and I can not remember its name and I am sure it is one of the paid apps. But before doing that I would recomend that you use twitter to get a response or email them for instructions.

7. Eileen89

Eileen89 Bronze Senior Member

The easiest way that I have found to transfer paid Cydia apps. between my jailbroken 3GS and iPhone 4, and one that should work for you, is to log into your Cydia acct. (ie;google acct, or paypal) from your new iPhone 4 and look for the option to link device, and click on "Link this device to your account". After you do this, go back to the app that you purchased before (PDANet) and you will now see a message that says "Package Officially Purchased", and click on Install. You will not be charged again for this app. If you have any other apps that you want to transfer, just go to them and download them to your new iPhone 4 free of change, as it is already linked to your Cydia account.....

#7 Eileen89, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2011
  8. Eileen89

Eileen89 Bronze Senior Member

I messed up the image link in my post above... This is the correct screen-shot that shows what option to pick.

[​IMG]