Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

3589i

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Crazyboy, May 1, 2004.

1. Crazyboy

Crazyboy Member

My Phone:
    Samsung a670
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon...Maybe Cingular AGAIN
    I'm really starting to like this phone. I might want to get one of these for me. My cousin just got a Nokia 3588i with Sprint and the phone sort of grows on me. I have 2 questions though. With the Data cable can I add rings to it for free or no since it is a Verizon phone. I remember hearing that you cant but there is a way around it. Also, does anyone know if there will be anyother Nokia CDMA phones for Verizon by August 1st?
    Im looking at this phone and the Motorola C343 but reviews haven't been so good on that 1.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I love the Nokia 3589i phone with Verizon.
    a few people have said it gets the best reception than any other verizon phone right now in some of the previous posts that I've read.

I'm happy with it. there is more CDMA Nokia's coming out...but with no guarentee they will be with Verizon.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=515
    http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=514

I'm hoping that Verizon gets the 6255i phone :)

I would stay away from the motorola. I had the Motorola v120e phone prior to the 3589 and I would take that old 120e over the c343 phone. It feels like a kids fake cell phone toy.. like cheap plastic. But that's my opinion.
    Big world of difference on reception between the 120 and the 3589. Especially in my home and surrounding areas. You can see my old posts at the other forums... but it's nice not having to worry about dropped calls and breaking the antenna on the 3589. So far it's been great!!!!!...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    3589i has the best reception on the Verizon lineup. That's why I have it. It works where other phones are dead. It works great for texting too, compared to my old Motorola and LG's. The sound quality may be a little lower than some other Verizon phones, but it's well worth it for the excellant signal.

4. CWick

CWick Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    L6, V3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I had an oposite experience. I had a 3589i for one day, couldn't hold a signal as well as my V60i or wife's SAM A310. I took it back the next day. I also compared it to an old Nokia GSM phone that was about two years old that was lying around the house from our old VoiceStream days....the quality of the 3589i didn't compare to the GSM phone that was a few years old.

That's great that you are happy with the phone, reception seems to varry a lot, for me it was no where near the V60i or A310.

5. Airb330

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    You had a bad phone. This phone works where LG's are useless (my dorm), A310 was dead (math class), and I have no expierence with the Moto. I am on Nokia #2 (first one just died :confused:), and the RF is great on this one too.

6. CWick

My Phone:
    L6, V3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Could have been the phone. If I would have been impressed by the design and overall quality, I would have given another one a try.

7. Tadlock2699

Tadlock2699 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone Xs
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile

my 3589i seems to have good sound quality, and definitely has great signal. I was definietely skeptical since my 4 Nokia 5185i's left a vomitty taste in my mouth, but this phone, surprisingly, has held up well. It's been fairly durable (don't get me wrong, it's no v60i) but, it's held up. Eh, just my two cents.

--Tadlock

8. Airb330

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yeah, it does feel cheap, I do know what you mean. They are bricks and hold up really well though. Sound quality is the usual Verizon mess though. Sprint users complain about the Sanyo 8200's sound quality, it's no worse than any phone on Verizon!

9. CWick

My Phone:
    L6, V3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Their phones are pretty weak.

10. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T

Hey Airb330..

Do you by any chance know how to get into the secret debugging menu on the 3589i phone...to go in and change it ???

thanks!

11. Tadlock2699

Tadlock2699 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone Xs
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    *3001#12345# , then go to Field Test, select "enabled", then turn your phone off, and then on again. Go to Menu, go to "net Moniter" and I believe the menu is 3101.

H.T.H

12. zapb42

zapb42 New Member

I have this phone also, no problems yet.

As for field test mode, every source on it I have found has been ambiguous as to where you put the code in. I tried typing it in like a phone number but nothing special happens. Could someone please walk me through it in detail?

Thanks