Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

3589i searching

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Steve0, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Steve0

Steve0 Junior Member

Hello,

I have had my 3589i for about 1 month. Just yesterday the phone started to constantly display "searching for service."

I called Verizon and they did some programming over the phone with me. The final conclusion was that I need to bring it to a Verizon store to have further testing done via their computer and Nokia software.

Now I have a couple of questions:

1. If it ends up being the phone should I try another 3589i or go with something else?

2. How long does something like this take?

3. Can I go to a Wireless Zone or do I need to go to an actual Verizon store?
    The tech. on the phone said to go to Verizon, but a reseller store would be more convenient for me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

2. rich6880

rich6880 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have the 3589 and am very happy with it, except that I miss flip. I would stay with the phone. It is very dependable and the best RF. You may not even have a choice, whenever I bring my phone in with a complaint, they just give me a refurb. It takes about 15 minutes, for an exchange. If they are giving you a software update (which I doubt), it will take about 45-60 minutes.

I would go to a regular Verizon store. I find them very helpful and less reluctant than other retailers, to exchange the phone if you have a problem.

Do not give up on the 3589, no matter what phone you get, you may get a "lemon".

Good luck

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Steve0

Steve0 Junior Member

Thanks for the advice.

I heard very good things about the 3589i and that is the main reason I chose it. I have also had many Nokias in the past and was happy with them.

I will see what happens at the store!

Thanks again,

Steve

4. Steve0

Steve0 Junior Member

I just wanted to post that I took my 3589i back to the store and they swapped it for a new one, no questions asked!

The tech looked up my account, saw that I only had the phone for a month, and immediately began switching it out for a new one.

Very good experience.

Thanks again for replying.

-Steve