Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

3589i-can't read display when not lit!!!

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by zouly123, Jan 7, 2005.

1. zouly123

zouly123 New Member

I love my 3589i but there's one problem: if the display is not lit, it's very difficult to read. Unfortunately, there's no "light" key to turn the light on. If I hit the end key and there was something on the screen (like a message telling me about missed calls or voice mail waiting), the message disappears. If I hit the send key, the phone brings up the recently dialed call list. There is no way to adjust the contrast for the display when it is NOT lit (I know there's one which adjusts the contrast when the phone is lit). I've never seen a phone with a display that is so hard to read without the light.

Am I missing something here? Please advise. Thanks a lot!

2. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    I've noticed on the 3589i I have, if the phone is on and I miss a call, the display remains lit afterwards and displays (in this case) the "1 missed call" message. It remains lit until I clear the message then the display turns off and goes to the clock screensaver.

:welcome: to WirelessAdvisor!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...