Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

3589i - bad sound quality fix?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by JRTerrier, Dec 23, 2003.

1. JRTerrier

JRTerrier New Member

Does an earpiece/headset help with the 3589i's supposedly bad sound quality?

2. nysteve

nysteve New Member

My wife and I both have 3589i's. We are not aware oof a sound quality issue. We previously used Nolia 3360's and before that Nokia 5185's (I believe that was the model number). Sound quality has been fine on all of these, and this has been on two different carriers.

3. JRTerrier

JRTerrier New Member

Thanks nysteve! Maybe the reports of bad sound quality are from a few defective units? Or maybe the ones complaining are just used to the best sounding phones on the market.

4. gudel

gudel Junior Member

define bad sound quality..?
    works fine here. but i get bassy sound from a guy on a nokia 6560 with at&t. works great with landland, and works great with another LG phone on verizon.

5. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    In all my testing it nexer got rated as highly for outgoing sound quality as the LG's, the Samsungs, or my audiovox.

6. tastyorange

tastyorange New Member

Hi everyone,
    After 3.5 years with TMobile and a Nokia 5190, I switched to Verizon on Thursday for better reception.
    The sound quality was great with the 5190 and although it was bulky and got caught in my pocket when trying to pull it out... it was comfortable to use.

I chose the 3589i with VZW because it is similar to what I'm use to, sans the annoying antenna that gets caught in clothes.

Oh well... I am disappointed. Reception is a big improvement... but the phone's sound quality is awful. I got customer support and even pressed the programming code.. it seemed to get a little better after pressing *228 but people still sound like they are under water or too weak. It's so bad.. I don't want to use the phone. Plus... it's difficult to get the ear speaker positioned properly and it's harder to use the thumb for pressing, because the buttons are further down. If Nokia thought about it...they would put the buttons near the top of the phone and the color screen at the bottom!

I miss my 5190 already. I really like the features and style of the 3589i.. but because of the awful sound.. I will bring it back to Circuit City and see what they can do. I may look at the LG again.

Any ideas?[​IMG]

7. tattoounknown28

My Phone:
    nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    I had a 3285 and my new 3589i is a lot better sound quality i have no problem at all with the sound it sound great im in college so i have to have a goood phone when im on the run all the time.