Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

3360 owners sound off!

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Guest, Oct 26, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

What's the word on these phones so far? I'm close to buying one. Is the only way to connect it to a computer thru the IR and if so how could I do that with my desktop computer?

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

I have the 3360 for Cinuglar. It is the best phone I have ever owned, especially for the price. Better than the v60c, that is not a joke!

4. Leah

Leah Junior Member

Ive had numerous customers now tell me that they LOVE this phone. One gentleman told me that it is 10x better than his 8260. Reception is awesome....this same man said he could even use his 3360 in the mountains at Gatlinburg (Where his company phone, Motorola w/ Verizon, would not even get signal).

Ive not had any complaints yet! So far so good.....

5. lagreca

lagreca New Member

My mother and sister both have this phone. It is a very new phone that was just release about a month ago. I was interested in getting it because of the IR port. I thought I would be able to connect it to my Palm pilot, but I guess ATT doesnt support data services yet, not really sure why it didnt work.

Anyways, the phone is not that good. I think it was released a bit early, and has quite a few bugs in it. I have heard complaints of the phone turning itself off, and rebooting itself. I have also witnessed a problem where I turned the clock off by accident, and went right back in to turn it on, and it wouldnt turn on. I had to shut the phone off, and reboot it before I was able to turn the clock back on. The buttons don't seem to work as smoothly as the 8260.

I wouldn't recomend, instead go with the 8260. I have one, and have had no problems with it so far.

6. stupendous1

stupendous1 New Member

I prefer the 8290 over the 8260. The 8290 is smaller, lighter, has a changeable cover -- plus it has infrared. Oh, one more thing, you can keep your phone # when you travel to Europe -- just take the SIM card out and put it in a European phone and your're set!

7. lagreca

lagreca New Member

Another thing the that is better about the 8290 is that it has voice dialing. I actually used that feature alot, and it worked fairly well. But the service from ATT with my 8260 is spectacular compared to cingular.

8. SpinDr

SpinDr New Member

Battery life no where near what it was rated at... had two different standard batteries, and one extended... Only got about 2 hours out of standard batteries and a little over 2 and half on the heavier extended battery...

That's just my opinion, I may be wrong...
    -- SpinDr

9. erub

erub Junior Member

I just got the Nokia 3360 on Saturday from Cingular, while they were running the half priced sale - cost me $25 w/ a new contract for 2 years. So far, its great! I had a digital StarTAC before, and it would shut off when I closed it - grrr..This phone is better - I'm not sure if I need the keyguard or not, but I use it anyway. I was worried that the person wouldn't be able to hear me as well as on the StarTAC, b/c on the StarTAC the mic was right below my mouth - on this phone it is about 2/3 inches away..nobody has complained yet. Reception seems to be better. I like the Games, and the downloadable ringtones, and the easier address book - okay, I like the phone. Get one :)

I havent used the battery that much - its rated at 4.5-10.5 days, but this clearly isn't the case, b/c when I unplugged it at 7 am until 10 pm tonight, I had used 2 bars of battery (2 left), with only 3 short phone calls and some game playing :)