Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

30 minutes until Beer Thirty!!

Discussion in 'The Roaming Zone' started by AJE, Dec 19, 2003.

1. AJE

AJE Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    30 minutes until qutting time. Yeah!! Only have to work 2 days next week too. Yeahhhh!!

2. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    Where I used to live "beer-thirty" meant the cutoff time (10:30 p.m.) when the government-owned liquor shops closed.

"Dude... we gotta jet to the Piggly Wiggly, it's almost beer-thirty!"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AJE

AJE Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Ahhh, interesting... I have come to know it as time to start drinking beer no matter what time.[​IMG]

4. Shizam76

Shizam76 Shizam! Babyyyyy!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t

Me too AJE! For the first time in a few YEARS...I will actually be off for Christmas Eve and Day. I had to work BOTH for the last 2 years.

I too am working Monday and Tuesday only....I can't wait, it's gonna feel good [​IMG]

5. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    If you are unemployed like me it's always beer-thirty!!

6. kranium007

kranium007 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The Network
    i left work the other night and walked over to the bar at TGI Fridays and got slammed. I had a rough day and needed to chill out for a while. I must have spent $60 in like 45 minutes on Captain and Coke.

7. ZaphodB

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    750 mL Bottle of Captain: $12 plus liquor tax, sales tax and bottle deposit.
    2 L Bottle of Coke: $1.50 plus bottle deposit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Bottle deposit? What is this, the 1950s? Unfortunatly I've got two and a half hours until Beer Thirty so right now, because I'm very tired it's coffee thirty. Also unfortunatly the KC Chiefs are playing Saturday instead of Sunday (which no one told me until way after I got to work today so I couldn't call in sick) so half an hour ago was Football thirty which I am missing because I'm at work. So I guess it's also [​IMG] sad thirty in addition to being coffee thirty.

9. ZaphodB

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    Hahaha, we kicked your asses in football today.

10. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T(Me),Cingular(Me,Mom),Edge Wireless(Dad)
    "What is this, the 1950s"

It would be nice to be the 1950's again for a few days, this ole' world had become awfully complicated [​IMG]

11. ZaphodB

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    No thanks... that's like my own vision of Republican, conformist, bland hell with terrible food.

12. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Bland food? No way, greasy burgers and meatloaf, sound great to me, and Republican? I don't see where they owned any decade. I think you have a very skewed view of that time, Leave it to Beaver IS NOT an accurate depiction of the times then [​IMG]. I can tell you from my parents and brothter and my older sister talking with me (we're all Democrats, always have been, my parents were married in 1952), that while times were hard then too, life was just a lot less complicated. Sure, we've made great strides in technology, medicine, things like that, but now we have people blowing up skyscrapers in New York, Ashcroft trying to take our rights away, and a president and vp who don't know what they are doing and really don't care, movies that glamorize murder, games that tell our kids it's okay to be immoral, as long as you are never caught and rampant corruption in corporations. We at least knew where the enemy was then, he had an address, but how do you catch one who moves around and hides in caves? Would I want to go back in time? No, but if we could get back some of the simpleness and old fashioned values that were more common then, maybe we wouldn't have some of the problems we have today [​IMG] But that's how I feel anyway.

13. ZaphodB

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    I think we should agree to disagree... "old-fashioned values" smacks of conservatism and Christian values imposed on the non-Christian.

However, I think we should continue this conversation in PM or via e-mail rather than here. That comment about the greasy burgers and meatloaf comment... I mean, am I gonna have to come up there and revoke your California citizenship? :p Give me a nice salad with figs sauteed in honey, goat cheese, ripe tomatoes, and spiced pecans any day.

14. Delta

Delta Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    1950's

- No Cell Phones
    - No Internet
    - No Video Games
    - Movies and TV sucked
    - No Taco Bell
    - No Thongs
    - Clothes in general sucked
    - If you have bad eyes like me ou have to be a nerd...no contacts or LASIK
    - Birth control wasn't what it is today...
    - Music sucked.....

I'm sorry, WHY would you want it to be the 50's again?? If I was Michael J Fox in Back to the Future and the lightning trick didn't work, I woulda just put a bullet in my brain. Call me a hedonist I guess.

15. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    "Give me a nice salad with figs sauteed in honey, goat cheese, ripe tomatoes, and spiced pecans any day."

BLECH!! That sounds like Yuppy food LOL Give me a nice, juicy steak or cheeseburger any ole' day!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Values thing I stand by pretty firmly, I am a devout Mormon, and I think we need a lot more of those values back in society, but my politics are strictly Democrat, as is the rest of my family, Republicans are a bad word in my family lol

16. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    "Call me a hedonist I guess."

No, just misinformed about the 50's, that's all [​IMG]

17. AJE

AJE Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Ahh, a man that knows how to drink.

Nothing like a Captain and Coke, though I think Zaph has it right on how to get it. But hey sometimes you just need to go out to a bar for the atmosphere. Even though mixed drinks are outrageous when you go out. Speaking of that how much are wells in different places. Everyone that comes here from out of town says that we have it good here. A well drink on average is about $4-$5 around here. What are prices like where you live?

18. Rich

Rich Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    MMMMmmm...in-n-out burger[​IMG]

19. AJE

AJE Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Nothing comes close to "Whiteys" (those who do not know what I am talking about, I mean White Casstle) after Beer Thirty!

20. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nah, In-N-Out beats them hands down! First Drive Thru in America, and still the best [​IMG] I saw Whitey's and chuckled, there used to be a chain of restaurants out here called "Sambo's", it was kind of like Denny's (apparently the original one, in Santa Barbara, is still up and running).

21. ZaphodB

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    In-N-Out is good even when sober... but I have to say that when you've had a hard night of drinking, nothing, but NOTHING goes down better than a big bag of sliders.

While White Castle is pretty good, the White Rose System is even better. You don't ask, you just eat.

22. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    "White Rose System"

What's that?

23. ZaphodB

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    It used to be a chain, the only one I know of now is in Highland Park, NJ. The burgers are like White Castle's (fried over onions) but bigger and on a better bun, but with the same grease quotient that makes sliders (White Castle burgers) great.

24. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    They sound good to me, I wish we had an In-N-Out here in Ukiah, closest one is in Rohnert Park, 70 miles south of here [​IMG] By the way, have a great trip! [​IMG]

25. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Holy crap, yeah you did. Luckily I only had to listen to the game on the radio on my way home from work instead of watching it like my friends. I believe the Vikings scored three touchdowns in my 20 minute ride home. I can't believe they lost that badly. Great Googily Moogily!

26. Delta

Delta Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    California is the land of fast food. There is a ton of stuff there we don't have here. Such as:

In-N-Out Burger
    Carls Jr
    JACK IN THE BOX!! (how could you miss that one?)
    That one burger joint in the A-frame building (can't remember name)
    Sonic
    Del Taco (Never seen it anywhere BUT Naval Station San Diego)

I know there is more...what am I missing??

Ohio has the standards: McDonalds, Wendys, BK, etc... Rallys is about the most unorthodox one we have.

27. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    What is miss is food from the Air Force bases I lived on as a kid. Anthony's Pizza and Robin Hood were the bomb diggity. Also, when I lived in Albuquerque there was this place called Teriyaki Chicken Bowl which ruled. Then, last month when I was visiting Denver I ate at this place called Little Anita's which serves New Mexican food. Sopapillas, breakfast burritos, etc. It was amazing and fast. Obviously it's been a while since I've eaten real New Mexican food in New Mexico and I'm sure that Little Anita's wouldn't even hold a candle to the stuff I ate in Albuquerque but it was still pretty good. So, you don't always have fast food that's bad. You can eat food that is good and also fast, which would make it good fast food but not fast food.

Delta, I don't know what your major malfunction is but eating at Jack-In-The-Box will eventually kill you unless you're immune to eColi like myself.

P.S. Oh yeah, White Castle. I love that place with their little square burgers with holes in them. I wish they had one of those in The MHK so I could eat there. Man, I miss White Castle.

"I eat at White Castle cause it's the best but I'll fly a Fat Burger when I'm way out west.
    -- Beastie Boys
    [​IMG]