Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

2nd LG 510 also lousy.

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by zippy73, Sep 10, 2002.

1. zippy73

zippy73 Member

I got my 2nd LG510 today and to my disappointment, it has the same background noise as the first one. To make matters worse, the flap and battery pack have a slight jiggle that is irritating and makes it feel like a cheap phone. I've heard bad things about the LG VX1 and the V60i so I don't know what to do. The new Samsung that's due to arrive on the 12th is too new for me to try out. I'd rather wait a while and hear what people think. Anyway, I had a friend try to make a call from Hayward to San Leandro in an open field and Verizon could not get the connection. I've also been disappointed with the way conversations sound compared to my old Nokia with WorldCom/AT&T service. I think I should go with AT&T for a year and hope that Verizon improves their Bay Area coverage. I hate AT&T but for now, they seem to have better sound quality/service in California. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks to all the folks who responded to my LG510 questions.

2. CoreyTheGent

CoreyTheGent Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Silver V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Zipster I have no clue on how well Verizon does on the West-coast, but if you ask me I think it's the LG-TM510. My 510 isn't perfect as I said before, but I've never experienced the level of problems you have. In fact my calls are 95% of the time crystal clear. The 510 might not be good on the West-coast, or Verizon's service might not be. I think it's the phone, and you should try at least two other cells before terminating your service. And NOT two other LG-TM510's, I mean two other completely different phones on Verizon. Talk to Verizon's customer service, too, and ask them what the problem could be.

If none of these work, then yes, you'll need to get rid of Verizon. I am not sure what the return policies for other wireless providers are, so my advice is that if you do go to another service, test the phone in various places (especially in-doors) immediately and if it's not working, try two more phones they have. Also check their websites and take a look at their service-area maps to see the measure of mobility you'll have in your area. If nothing works on that service then just keep moving on and on to other wireless providers until hopefully you're successful.

3. zippy73

zippy73 Member

Hi Corey,

I was starting to talk myself into getting the new A310 but I've changed my mind AGAIN. [​IMG] I think I've settled into the idea that Verizon doesn't have any phones that I like at the moment. I'm forced to go with AT&T for a little while. I'm currently on a month to month with AT&T but I need a new phone due to the fact that my 5160's battery pack keeps sliding off on its own. Also, I need more minutes so if I upgrade, I think they'll want a yearly commitment.

4. CoreyTheGent

CoreyTheGent Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Silver V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    If AT&T treats you wrong, you can always come back to us.

5. rosaje26

rosaje26 New Member

[​IMG] I've had my lg 510 for about 2 weeks now and very pleased with it. My battery cover also has a slight jiggle which annoyed me at first but I am getting used to it. The jiggle is where the battery clips into the
    top of the phone, I have no movement at the bottom part of the battery or on the front flap. Occasionally
    I get some background noise but I think it depends on where I am calling or who is calling me. But quality
    is overall very good. My husband just bought a V60i and says he also gets occasional background noise.
    Hope you work out your kinks.