Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

2 phones one number?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Tazman2, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Tazman2

Tazman2 New Member

Long story short i bought a new phone to go with my new contract so i got all the dealies $$$ wise on the phone BUT i don't like it as it just had come out (vx8100) so i'm wondering if a future firmware will fix the issues. Anyways to my question. I still have my vx4400 and was wondering if its still useable assuming of course i turn this one off before turning the other one on or are they hard coded for certain phones in their system?

2. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    ABSOLUTELY, IF you turn the 8100 off by either going on line with Verizon wireless, calling the 800 number or walking into the service center with both phones. In fact you can go back and forth if you want to go back to either phone. If you don't like the 8100 you could sell and keep the 4400 activated.

Check with the Verizon service center to see if a software up date has arrived yet. Good luck.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tazman2

Tazman2 New Member

Well i was thinking in the sense of turning off one and just turning on the other without having to go to verizon themselves! :browani: But that was just wishful thinking! :p

4. wgray8231

wgray8231 I don't work here.

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4 (temporary)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    You'd have to call or use the website to tell VZW which phone you're using. CDMA is not made for easily switching phones.

If you were using GSM, it would be much easier. You could just move your SIM card.