Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

2 Lines Out of Contract Change Primary

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by daphne2, Jul 19, 2011.

1. daphne2

daphne2 New Member

Hi,

I have a family plan with 2 lines, both of which are out of contract. I am wanting to take my line which is the primary and try a prepaid carrier and keep the second line still under my name at Verizon without creating a new contract. I don't care about porting my number just using my current phone if I can with the prepaid Cellular Page Plus carrier (it looks like prob be able to ). It seems other have posted that if you change the primary that it starts another contract, is this so? What is maybe the best way to handle this. I also read somewhere about overages if cancel primary but still have secondary, not sure what that is referring to or how it is calculated. I don't care about getting new phones either.

Thanks for your time and help!

2. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

The rule is actually so simple: you don't have service agreement dates UNLESS you purchase a phone at less than retail cost from VZW or their affiliates.

3. TravellingNomad

TravellingNomad New Member

have you called big red to request that the primary be changed from one number to another? i don't see any problems as to why they won't be able to do that in their system. it's just a matter of keystrokes on their end to indicate the switch in primary line.

4. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Well...it's a lot more complicated than "just a matter of keystrokes" but it is possible. On mulit-line accounts you generally don't have a lot of choice which line is "primary" but if is the only line left, then yes, it IS the primary at this point.

We used to tell people that we don't really care which line is primary or not. How the account is divvied up among the holders isn't VZW's business, as long as the entire account is paid.