Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

2 Bluetooth Questions

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by NiteLifeRyder, Aug 11, 2004.

1. NiteLifeRyder

NiteLifeRyder New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 7250i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    For those nokia's that have both bluetooth and voice dailing can u do voice dailing from the bluetooth headset? Also for those that also have an mp3 player does it play into the bluetooth headset? PLEASE RESPOND ....thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShoresGuy

ShoresGuy Euer WA Experte in Europa

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    E-Plus (BASE 12 month flatrate)/Vodafone Germany
    The answer to #1 is yes. You can dial from the headset. For instance, I have the Plantronics BT M3000 and I hold down the Call Down button for 2 or 3 seconds. Then the beep sounds and I can speak into the headset. The number is then dialed. Pressing the button twice in quick succession dials the last number I called.

The answer to #2 is no. Even it worked, you wouldn't be able to get very good sound. I read somewhere that it might be possible except that I can't find the link right now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mogsey

mogsey New Member

Agree with the 1st answer - I use a BT headset and also a BT car-kit with a 6820 and for both work really well with voice dialling.

The answer to #2 is a qualified yes. You can listen to music through your BT headset and the feedback I saw was that it was reasonably good quality. The real problem is that most of the BT headsets only work with one device at a time. This means that it is not really practical to answer your phone when listening to music.

However there is a headset that is designed to work with a cellphone and PDA. It automatically mutes the music when calls come in etc. It is the BlueTake BT420ex. It is not cheap, but the cheapest I can find is $229 at www.behandsfree.com

4. ShoresGuy

ShoresGuy Euer WA Experte in Europa

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    E-Plus (BASE 12 month flatrate)/Vodafone Germany
    It's great to hear that it's possible but I would prefer to hear music in both ears rather than just in one. Thanks for the info :)