Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SOUTH U.S. -- 17 Yr Alltel User

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by jackeg, Sep 30, 2009.

1. jackeg

jackeg New Member

Is anyone else having these issues? I live in the Wilmington NC area, use a Treo650 and since the Verizon takeover, I have all kinds of issues I never had with Alltel.
    I get an echo (even with a headset) on many of my calls inbound or outbound.
    I dial a number and it looks like the call is going to start ringing the number, but doesn't, then goes back to dial pad screen.
    My phone started showing roaming all the time & now 99% of the time have to 10 digit dial.
    I have dropped calls more in the last 3 months than I have lost in the past 8 years.
    I don't have near the coverage in my local area, as my phone chimes to tell me when I lose service coverage & it does this a lot. It never used to do this with Alltel.
    I have been to a Verizon store many times,called national support & currently have an open support ticket, the store tech's have reset it, they & I have done the *228 thing lots, I have updated my Palm OS & numerous other things.

Anyone else with issues since the switch?

Verizon staff (phone & store) are very nice, but I would rather have better service.

2. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Hmm you may need a Verizon phone. See if there is a Verizon ROM for your phone that may be more compatible or look into getting a newer phone? But either way call Verizon (or Alltel if you are still under them) and get some tech support.