Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

15 Day Trial Period

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by rich6880, Dec 4, 2004.

1. rich6880

rich6880 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    If I go to a Verizon store, select a plan and a phone, but return it before the 15 days, how much will I be charged.

Using the 300 minute, 35 dollar plan with unlimited nights and weekends, I use 200 minutes in the 15 days and 1000 weekend minutes, how much will I be charged? The plan in question charges .45/minute for any minutes over plan allotment.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    It's all prorated, meaning you will only be charged a proration of the month's charges, and you will only have a prorated amount of minutes... ask the rep, he will be able to let you know. May I ask why you would want to do this??
    ~Andy

3. rich6880

rich6880 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I pose the question for the following reason. Verizon reception in my area has deteriorated, significantly over the past few months. When my contract is due for renewal, I plan to go to a Verizon store, ask for the phone with the best reception and try it out for a good test period. If I am not satisfied I plan to return it (I want to know my cost exposure, beforehand) and try out Cingular. I have heard that you are subject to additional costs, if you use the phone more than a certain amount of time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    I believe if you use it more than the prorated minutes for however long you plan on keeping it. If you keep it for only a day, you can't use 200 peak minutes, etc. It's prorated.