Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

129 vvm

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by gilmanaz, Feb 11, 2013.

1. gilmanaz

gilmanaz New Member

my fiancee recently got a loaner (i believe) because is Samsung galaxy S3 needs replaced. We have been having several issues about text and phone numbers he supposedly has no knowledge of yet texts or calls showing going both ways. Anyways on his loaner which is an Alcatel he is getting 129 text messages and when opened there is VVM and other stuff. Can anyone tell me what all this is?

2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Hello and welcome to WA.

I am afraid I don't quite understand your question, are you saying there are 129 text messages that are unaccounted for?

VVM stands for Visual Voicemail, so he must be getting a text every time someone leaves him a voicemail.

Your best bet would be contact the service provider about these texts.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    Wirelessly posted (T-Mobile: : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SGH-T679 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

The Visual Voicemail app will display the phone number and length of the message that was left. You can use the app to listen to the messages, or dial voicemail as you usually would, to listen to the messages.

If you are using the same SIM card and phone number in the loaner, then it sounds like the previous user of the phone did not clear out the messages. The number of messages seems rather excessive, unless the previous user was big on texting.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    There has been a recent update to Visual Voicemail which addresses an issue pertaining to the switching of the SIM card. Perhaps this will resolve the original poster's issue.

1 person likes this.