Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Apple 10 years ago today. Jobs introduces iPhone.

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by viewfly, Jan 9, 2017.

1. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    'Today marks the tenth anniversary of the day Steve Jobs introduced the original iPhone at Macworld in San Francisco. In what has become one of the most iconic moments in Apple's storied history, Jobs teased the device as if it were three separate products: a widescreen iPod with touch controls, a revolutionary mobile phone, and a breakthrough internet communications device.'

http://www.macrumors.com/2017/01/09/steve-jobs-introduced-the-iphone-10-years-ago-today/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Truly was a monumental breakthrough for phones. Although I am surprised that he decided to name it the iPhone. The name really limits the mental imagery. You'all know about my CLIP acronym (Communications, Life-Mgmt, Information Portal). I think if he had named it the iCLIP it would have been more descriptive of its versatile functionality.

3. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    And a nice monetary trademark check to you, KJ! At least $20 Million or so. LOL, just teasing.

I think the iPhone captures the usefulness very well. After all, it is a phone. Not sure what a ICLIP brings to mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

4. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 24 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    I watched his 2007 keynote speech announcement of the phone on YouTube Monday. I found it so interesting to watch what, at the time, was so revolutionary. Here we are, a decade later, and the iPhone just gets better. Even if the iPhone sells just because it's an iPhone, still, that says something to the fact Apple created such an iconic device. A device copied by every other manufacturer, especially Samsung.

I also watched Steve Ballmer's comments on the original iPhone. Boy did he miss the boat! He laughed at the device and the fact Apple was charging $500 to $600 for the phone. Boasting about the horrible Moto Q (which I had, and it was crap). Who's laughing now Steve? I've used a Microsoft Lumia phone. Yes, the OS is excellent, but nobody supports it anymore. It could never replace an Apple or Android phone because equivalent apps were and are NOT available. Where is your old OS now Steve? How much of a share of the market does Windows 10 Mobile hold? Less than 1%. How much longer before the Surface Phone arrives (if ever). Laugh away Steve, laugh away.

I found it interesting during the keynote address about the Google/Apple partnership with the search and maps apps. Shortly after this, Google expanded Android to the masses and is Apple's chief mobile OS competitor.

It is pretty cool to see how much the mobile phone world has evolved the past decade, let alone the past 25 years. I've experienced 23 of them and have enjoyed every minute of it (owning over 40 phones during this time, some with other carriers in addition to Verizon). That would explain why I've been here for almost 12 1/2 years. :happy:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    viewfly likes this.