T-Mobile Sells Off Towers to Feed its 4G Needs
Crown Castle International is acquiring rights to operate 7,200 of T-Mobile 's cellular towers in a US$2.4 billion deal that will ...
- 09-28-2012, 3:43 PM #1
T-Mobile Sells Off Towers to Feed its 4G NeedsCrown Castle International is acquiring rights to operate 7,200 of T-Mobile's cellular towers in a US$2.4 billion deal that will give the carrier's owner, Deutsche Telekom, cash to expand its 4G LTE network in the U.S.
The deal will allow Crown Castle to operate T-Mobile's towers for 28 years. Both companies expressed satisfaction with the sale, with T-Mobile announcing the cash would help fulfill its "Challenger" strategy, aimed at expanding T-Mobile's offerings and boosting its place among the country's largest wireless providers.
The company is undergoing a $4 billion network modernization initiative to bring a speedier, more dependable 4G network to consumers nationwide, which will receive a financial Boost from the deal with Crown Castle.
"This is not a bad move for T-Mobile," Dan Olds, principal analyst at Gabriel Consulting Group, told the E-Commerce Times. "T-Mobile is doing what a lot of companies do, which is leasing some assets in a rental agreement, getting a ton of cash and probably lowering some of their overall cost. This is a fairly typical deal and a good move for T-Mobile."
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By SteveW in forum Wireless NewsReplies: 10Last Post: 07-27-2008, 11:49 PM
- By Fire14 in forum International Wireless Forum (Including Canada and Mexico)Replies: 5Last Post: 11-12-2007, 3:46 PM
- By Fire14 in forum Wireless NewsReplies: 6Last Post: 09-16-2007, 7:25 AM
- By Onlinetowercommunity in forum Wireless NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-02-2007, 5:42 PM
- By Fire14 in forum Wireless NewsReplies: 6Last Post: 01-19-2007, 5:17 PM