AT&T worker bludgeoned to death on the job by ex-con

Very sad Kevin Mashburn, 58, was doing overnight repairs last Wednesday when he was beaten to death by an ex-con during ...

Provider(s)
    GSM / WCDMA

Unhappy AT&T worker bludgeoned to death on the job by ex-con

Very sad

Kevin Mashburn, 58, was doing overnight repairs last Wednesday when he was beaten to death by an ex-con during an attempted mugging. Bryan Middlemas, 35, could face the death penalty for the horrifying attack.

Bryan Middlemas, 35, is charged with killing AT&Ticon technician Kevin Mashburn on Sept. 19 in Gladstone, Mo. The career criminal and ex-con attacked the 58-year-old father of four after he wouldn't hand over his wallet, police said.

Missouri investigators have released the chilling final text messages sent by an AT&Ticon technician pleading for help after he was allegedly bludgeoned with a crowbar by a savage ex-con last week.

Kevin Mashburn, 58, was doing tower repairs near an apartment complex in Gladstone, near Kansas City, early Wednesday when he was attacked by Bryan Middlemas, 35, authorities said.

Middlemas demanded Mashburn's wallet, authorities said.

When Mashburn wouldn't give it up, Middlemas pummeled him with a crowbar taken from the older man's work truck, authorities said.

As Mashburn lay dying in his truck, he texted two other AT&T workers and begged them to send help.

The haunting final messages were printed on the website of Kansas City's local Fox 4 television station.

He sent the first at 2:52 a.m., around an hour after the attack, authorities said.

"I need you to call me an ambulance," he wrote to an AT&T dispatcher named Amanda, according to Fox 4.

"I have been attacked ... Help me please," he said in two more messages, before sending his location.

At 2:55, he texted another woman named Gracie.

"Need police," he wrote. "Hurry."

"They are en route," Gracie replied.

"Was attacked [with] a flat crowbar," Mashburn said in a later message.

"We are praying," Gracie wrote. "You hurt bad?"

"Yes," he wrote. "Head split open."

Eventually, Mashburn started honking the horn as another worker frantically searched the area for him.

Police arrived at around 3:30 a.m., and the father of four was rushed to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead from his injuries.

A tipster led police to Middlemas on Saturday night, and he was arrested and charged with first-degree murder, attempted robbery and other counts, according to local reports.

If convicted he could face the death penalty.

AT&T had offered $100,000 for information leading to his arrest.

After the beating, Middlemas, who has a record of arrests and jail time for assault and ____ possession, called an old cell mate and admitted to clubbing a man and throwing the crowbar in a lake a few blocks away, authorities said.

Dive teams were searching Chaumeire Lake for the murder weapon, Fox 4 reported.

Middlemas made his first court appearance Monday and pleaded not guilty, according to local reports. His bond was set at $1 million.

Mashburn worked for AT&T for 41 years, his family said, and was beloved by his children, grandchildren and wife of 33 years.

"He's a teddy bear," his son, Bill, told local station KCTV over the weekend. "He's easily the most kind-hearted, gentle selfless man that I've ever met."

"If everybody had a Dad like mine, like ours, then stuff like this wouldn't happen," he added.

Family members set up a memorial fund in his honor. The address was posted on KCTV's website.

Read more: ‘I have been attacked ... help me please’: Chilling final messages of AT&T worker bludgeoned to death on the job by ex-con - NY Daily News

JFB
    JFB has left the building.
    Phone(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Provider(s)
    T-Mobile
    Devices
    iPod Nano 16GB, Sirius Starmate Replay
    Images

Default Re: AT&T worker bludgeoned to death on the job by ex-con

Terrible...hopefully the criminal will at least spend the rest of his days in a small cell.
    Joe

Are you new to WA?

Introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum!

Phone(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Novatel 4620 MIFI
    Sanyo -Taho by Kyocera
    Provider(s)
    Verizon , Sprint , Millenicom
    Devices
    Cyfre & Maximum Signal Cellular amplifiers

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    Terrible...hopefully the criminal will at least spend the rest of his days in a small cell.
    Man why waste all the money incarcerating him for the rest of his life . Here is one instance where the death penalty is too humane . Death by long drawn out torture !!
    WWW.MaximumSignal.net
    Stay Connected !!!

RF Black-Belt
    Threadstarter
    Provider(s)
    GSM / WCDMA

Interesting interview with his son:

William Mashburn, the son of Kevin Mashburn who was killed last Wednesday inside his AT&Ticon utility vehicle in Gladstone, Mo., says the suspect apparently didn’t have the kind of father he had.

“I feel bad that he obviously did not know a father like mine. If he had that kind of love and that kind of upbringing, he’d be a different person,” Mashburn said.

Mashburn says he won’t feel bad for whatever happens to the suspect Bryan Middlemas, 35, who was arrested over the weekend for allegedly beating and killing Mashburn with a crow bar when Mashburn wouldn’t turn over his wallet.

“Obviously he had no regard for his actions and how they would affect my family and his loved ones. He just looks like such a sad, pathetic person,” said Mashburn.
    Full Interview: Son of Murdered AT&T Worker Talks About His Father | fox4kc.com
    Understand communications. Visit Radio Raiders
    Plot your own cellular coverage maps at Cellumap <--Apps for BlackBerry / Android / Symbian

Thread Information