Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By fb

AT&T offering M2M to any carrier

AT&T Now Offering Unlimited Calling Mobile to Mobile with Calling Plan | AT&T Interesting. Still not happy about having to drop ...

fb
    fb has left the building.

Phone(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8100
    Blackberry Pearl 8100
    Nokia 3120b
    Motorola V220
    Provider(s)
    AT&T Wireless/Cingular Blue
    Devices
    iPod Nano, TomTom XL350TM

Default AT&T offering M2M to any carrier

AT&T Now Offering Unlimited Calling Mobile to Mobile with Calling Plan | AT&T

Interesting. Still not happy about having to drop my blue plan, but this might at least soften the blow..

AT&T Introduces Unlimited Calling to Any Mobile Number
    New Feature Offers AT&T Wireless Customers Unlimited Calling to Any Mobile Number

Go ahead and dial up those digits--no matter which wireless network you’re calling. AT&T* today announced customers can enjoy unlimited mobile calling to any mobile number in America. Unlimited Mobile to Any Mobile is available to AT&T customers with an unlimited messaging plan and a qualifying voice plan**.

Beginning Thursday, Mobile to Any Mobile will be available to new and existing AT&T customers with a qualifying voice plan who subscribe to unlimited messaging plans. Existing customers with an unlimited messaging plan can activate Mobile to Any Mobile by visiting www.att.com/anymobile. The URL will be available beginning Thursday.

“Mobile to Any Mobile is an exciting offer that will keep our customers connected to the people they want to talk to, when they want to talk to them, without the hassle of watching minutes,” said David Christopher, chief marketing officer, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “We’re giving customers more options and even better value. And when you include Rollover Minutes, a benefit available exclusively from AT&T that lets customers keep their unused minutes for all domestic calls, including to landline numbers, it’s clear that AT&T offers the most flexibility in the industry.”

Unlimited messaging is available for $20 per month on an individual plan and $30 per month for a FamilyTalk Plan, which allows for up to five lines.

For the complete array of AT&T offerings, visit http://www.att.com/.

*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.

**Mobile to Any Mobile Calling - Available only with select Nation and FamilyTalk plans. Direct calls to & direct calls received from US mobile numbers only. Rollover Minutes: Unused Anytime Mins expire after the 12th billing period. Night & Weekend & Mobile to Mobile mins do not roll over.
    Last edited by JFB; 02-11-2011 at 5:38 PM. Reason: added full text of the press release
    Charlyee, Jay2TheRescue and JFB like this.
    AT&T Wireless 1850 Anytime/7 PM nights
    Free incoming text
    Not migrating , but irritated I cannot add a text plan!

Phone(s)
    iPhone 6 Space Grey
    iPhone 5S
    Nokia 6131 Nokia 6230
    Provider(s)
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Devices
    IPad Mini & Retina, MBP, iMac, Dell, AppleTV

Default Re: AT&T offering M2M to any carrier

So this (unlimited voice to voice, with different carriers) will be grandfathered in to anyone with unlimited text plans?

Sounds to good to be true.

Phone(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Moto X
    Nokia Asha 311
    Provider(s)
    at&t/Docomo/Airtel
    Devices
    iPad Air
    Images

I am not seeing what the so called qualified voice plan is. I actually have no use for it, I have well over 3000 in rollover after it was zeroed out twice, and have yet to reach my monthly quota; most of my mobile calls are with other AT&Ticon subscribers.

Having said all of that, I will check it out tomorrow for sure.

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-ca; SonyEricssonX10a Build/2.1.A.0.435) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Resident Spamslayer Jay2TheRescue's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Western Electric 302, 500
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Zune 30gb & way too many BT devices to list
    Images

I don't use all my minutes either, but if they're offering, I'm taking. You never know when stuff like this is gonna be taken off the table. Glad I'm still on a $19.99 unlimited smartphone data plan.
    http://www.speedtest.net/android/256739406.png

Resident Spamslayer Jay2TheRescue's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Western Electric 302, 500
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Zune 30gb & way too many BT devices to list
    Images

Beginning Thursday, Mobile to Any Mobile will be available to new and existing AT&Ticon customers with a qualifying voice plan who subscribe to unlimited messaging plans.
    My guess is that the details won't show up on OLAM until tomorrow. I do see "Unlimited expanded mobile to mobile" as a feature on my account at a cost of $0.00 though. Maybe that's what it is?
    http://www.speedtest.net/android/256739406.png

Phone(s)
    iPhone 6 Space Grey
    iPhone 5S
    Nokia 6131 Nokia 6230
    Provider(s)
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Devices

I too have way too many rollover minutes. But I'll take the new option!

Perhaps that is the point...it is not really costing ATTicon much, since everyone has so many RO minutes unused anyways.

Phone(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Moto X
    Nokia Asha 311
    Provider(s)
    at&t/Docomo/Airtel
    Devices
    iPad Air
    Images

I checked into it this morning, if I understand it right for a family plan, I would have to have the $30 unlimited messaging to qualify for this.

At present I have unlimited messaging on one line and the 200 starter package for $5 on the other, so in essence I would be paying $5 more for a feature I don't use or need.

I will pass on it for now.
    The SmartPhone Parade (2006-Now)

QTEK 9100 > Samsung Blackjack > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > BB 9700 > Xperia X10 > Motorola Atrix > HTC Vivid > Lumia 900 > Lumia 820 > iPhone 5 > Motorola Moto X > iPhone 5s

Phone(s)
    iPhone
    Provider(s)
    Vodafone

I still don't see the value in this. In order to get the unlimited Mobile to any Mobile you have to add on the unlimited messaging. The 40 dollar plan plus 20 dollars for unlimited messaging equals 60 bucks, the price for unlimited minutes and unlimited messaging prepaid.

Tomorrow is another day. josephd's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    White iPhone 5C 16GB
    Samsung Galaxy Stellar
    Provider(s)
    Verizon
    Images

That must be the reason I don't hear from you anymore.

BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Tool
    Phone(s)
    iPhone 5 VZW
    iPhone 4S (wife)
    Provider(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Simon5282 View Post
    I still don't see the value in this. In order to get the unlimited Mobile to any Mobile you have to add on the unlimited messaging. The 40 dollar plan plus 20 dollars for unlimited messaging equals 60 bucks, the price for unlimited minutes and unlimited messaging prepaid.
    Good call! The only downsides I see are no large data plan available (only $75 for unlimited talk/text/200 MB data), corporate discounts probably don't work, can't get a high end subsidized phone, and probably nil roaming coverage.

Phone(s)
    iPhone 6 Space Grey
    iPhone 5S
    Nokia 6131 Nokia 6230
    Provider(s)
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Devices

Quote Originally Posted by Simon5282 View Post
    I guess it makes more sense for family plans. i have 3 lines with unlimited texting for the $20 already. That is a good deal for us and adding the M2M with other carriers is a freebee for us.

Thread Information