DIRECT CONNECT & VERIZON!!

I called up Verizon today, and spoke to a customer service rep, and they told me by the end of october ...

Fresh Member

Default DIRECT CONNECT & VERIZON!!

I called up Verizonicon today, and spoke to a customer service rep, and they told me by the end of october they will be saying something about there direct connect service....Word is they are going to use the Nextelicon direct connect and let Nextelicon use there cellular coverage..I dont know how true this is but this is the rumore going around in the cellular world of NY/NJ near me. I am a dealer but they arent telling dealers anything yet!! so maybe someone around on the board knows??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Phone(s)
    T-Mobile SDA
    Motorola Razr V3c
    Samsung T-809
    Provider(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless

I have heard that we(Verizonicon) will have a direct connect feature by april of 2003. But from what ive been told is that it isnt just your standard 2 way, its full duplex so that both people can talk at the same time.
    To Each Their Own

Phone(s)
    Palm Treo 680
    Sierra AirCard 860
    Moto L2 & L6
    Nokia 6015i
    Provider(s)
    lots of orange, a little Little Rock blue
    Devices
    way too many :)
    Images

It is impossible (now anyway) for Nextelicon customers to roam on VZW or the other way around. Nextelicon uses iDEN on ESMR frequencies, and VZW uses CDMA on cellular and PCS frequencies. It is rumored that Nextel wants to switch to CDMA, but given their current use of ESMR freqs (30 KHz channels which usually aren't adjacent to one another) they can't unless they move to another band or talk the FCC into reallocating (E)SMR and public safety spectrum (CDMA requires a large, contiguous frequency allocation.)

As for VZW -- I've heard the same thing about a DC-like feature. The downside, from what I've heard, is that it'll take a few seconds to set up a "PTT" (push to talk) call, unlike the almost instantaneous call setup that iDEN allows.

-SC

[edited to add last paragraph]
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune

sticking it out at you...

Signal Go Down De Hole... ZaphodB's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    LG VX5600
    iPhone 3GS
    LG Chocolate GSM
    Provider(s)
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)

Wonderful, just what we need. It's bad enough when I have to hear one end of the conversation in a movie theatre or restaurant or whatever. Hearing both is just terrible... and there are a sizable number of Nextelicon subscribers out there who apparently were raised by wolves and don't know the meaning of the term, "quiet time". They do, however, understand, "Turn off that ****ing phone or I am going to shove it so far up your *ss the antenna will come out your nose."

Now Verizonicon want to get in on it. Great.
    I can help you in English. Puedo ayudarle en espa˝ol. Je peux vous aider en franšais. Posso aiutarli in italiano. Ich kann Sie auf Deutsch helfen. Я могу помочь вам по-русски.

I don't know about Nextel and Verizonicon using each other's network because it's really too fare fetched for it to happen and for both companies to benefit financially off of it. As for Verizonicon's "2-way" technology, they're in the process of buying out Sprinticon, who has been working on this "2-way" technology. However, as it turns out, the partnered owners of Verizon (one owns 51% and the other owns 49%) need to agree on the buyout but one intially said, "NO!" They're now in some what of an agreement. I've also heard they'll be releasing some kind of info in an announcement to be made by the end of the year. WHO KNOWS!

So, as it turns out, I doubt Verizon will have any kind of "2-way" out before they get their hands on Sprinticon, legally. Oh, and who knows what Verizon is going to call it because Nextel has a patent on the phrases "Direct Connet" and "2-Way." Watch them patent the phrase "Walkie-Talkie." Hah...

Phone(s)
    iPhone 5
    Provider(s)
    Aio Wireless

Verizonicon is not in the proccess of buying out Sprinticon PCS. That is total rubbish.

Fresh Member
    Threadstarter

i WOULD LOVE TO HAVE DIRECT CONNECT ON Verizonicon SO CONVIENENT AND THAT IS THE ONLY THING MAKIGN Verizonicon THE BEST OF THE BEST, IF YOU THINK BOUT IT, THEY HAVE EVERYTHING PLUS SOME!! IF ANYONE HAS A CHANCE CALL UP VERIZON AS A CUSTOMER AND TRY TO PRY OUT THE INFO FROM THE PERSON WHO ANSWER THE PHONE. BUST THERE BALLS, AND SEE IF U CAN GET IT OUT OF THEM, THIS MONTHS WIRELESS WEEK DIDNT HAVE ANYTHING BOUT IT, I AM WAITING TO SEE HOW IT IS PRESENTED AND WHAT IT IS GOING TO BE LIKE, I AM SURE THEY ARE GOIGN TO MAKE IT COST SO MUCH MONEY!! ANYMORE IDEAS? SUGGESTSIONS?

Phone(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Provider(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Devices
    iPod Touch 2G, WiFi gear

Originally posted by: ZaphodB
    Wonderful, just what we need. It's bad enough when I have to hear one end of the conversation in a movie theatre or restaurant or whatever. Hearing both is just terrible... and there are a sizable number of Nextelicon subscribers out there who apparently were raised by wolves and don't know the meaning of the term, "quiet time". They do, however, understand, "Turn off that ****ing phone or I am going to shove it so far up your *ss the antenna will come out your nose."

Now Verizonicon want to get in on it. Great.

I agree with you ZaphodB. DC is annoying enough, now we have to deal with speakerphones and soon 2 more carriers with DC like features. Oh boy....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Fresh Member
    Threadstarter

iT ISNT BAD IF WE WEAR HEADSETS, AND THE RIGHT PHONES COME OUT!!! WITH BETTER FEATURES!!

Thread Information