Best coverage in Sacramento, CA ----AT&T, Verizon, or T-Mobile?

Which company has the better for the Sacramento, Ca area....

Default Best coverage in Sacramento, CA ----AT&T, Verizon, or T-Mobile?

Which company has the better for the Sacramento, Ca area.

I made my first post!

I've personally had experience with only two carriers in Sac -- Cingular and AT&Ticon. I signed up with Cingular over a year ago, and the coverage was/is pretty spotty, especially in buildings. However, they appear to be building new towers in the area, and my service has gotten a little better (plus I changed my phone from Nokia 8290 to Motorola V60g). My girlfriend has AT&Ticon (Motorola V60t) and has good coverage. However, Sprint also has good coverage also as reported by a friend of mine, maybe better than AT&T. In the fringe areas, however, Sprint is not as good.

I would say that AT&T is the way to go in Sacramento right now, not only for coverage within Sac, but out to the Bay Area also. I am planning to switch myself. Circuit City has good rebates going on now, and the AT&T nationwide plans are reasonably priced.

BEWARE - if you go with AT&T, go with the TDMA plans, NOT the new GSM. GSM coverage in Sac is BAD right now, and outside of the spotty Sac and SF coverage, you'll wind up roaming on another company's GSM network and charged accordingly, even if you are still supposed to be in AT&T's area.

I have no experience with Verizonicon, but I have heard coverage is not as good. Same goes for MCI/Worldcom.

As far as I know, T-Mobile is currently using Cingular cell towers in CA, so the coverage should be the same. This may change in the future as they build their own towers. Rumor has it, though, that the two may merge...

Last thing - wireless reception varies widely from place to place, even within a few blocks. I think all the major carriers have a 15 or 30 day no-penalty early termination period. Use it. Test the phone to make sure you get reception at home, work, and wherever else you really need it. If it don't work where you need it, it ain't worth anything.

Phone(s)
    Motorola
    Nokia
    Provider(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint
    Images

We have attempted to quantify who has "the best" on a number scale, including attributes like coverage, cost, customer service, at:

Sacramento Carrier Ratings

For coverage, it's almost a tie between AT&Ticon and Verizonicon, depending on where you go.

-Bill
    Mountain Wireless Cellular Ratings & Reviews
    and Cellular Maps.

Phone(s)
    iPhone 5
    Provider(s)
    Aio Wireless

I have a friend in Sacramento, CA that has AT&Ticon Wireless and he seems to be happy with his service.

Signal Go Down De Hole... ZaphodB's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    LG VX5600
    iPhone 3GS
    LG Chocolate GSM
    Provider(s)
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)

All of my friends in the Sac area have AT&Ticon (TDMA) and swear by it. There's a dead spot on the way to Reno on the Donner Pass but that's about it.
    I can help you in English. Puedo ayudarle en espa˝ol. Je peux vous aider en franšais. Posso aiutarli in italiano. Ich kann Sie auf Deutsch helfen. Я могу помочь вам по-русски.

Go to Verizonicon Wireless for the best clear reception!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoulda joined long ago!

Thinking of switching to GSM in sactown. I've had AT&Ticon TDMA for 2 years now and it's been pretty good. Some dead spots, Antelope area is one. Have a Nextel phone also for work and service in antelope is spotty also. Talked to 2 AT&Ticon reps lately and both say GSM coverage is supposed to match TDMA by Dec. 2002. I hope so because I WANT A SMALL GSM PHONE! Anyway when I get the new service I will report back. Nokia is the best!!!

Thread Information