Navajo Reservation

HELP! I am trying to find a cellular phone service that will work on the Navajo Reservation in Arizona. Will be ...

SAF
    SAF has left the building.
    I have arrived!

Default Navajo Reservation

HELP! I am trying to find a cellular phone service that will work on the Navajo Reservation in Arizona. Will be working in Ganado AZ for three years and need cellular phone.

Phone(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Provider(s)
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Images

Well, you best bet would be to contact providers and ask them, they should know
    or ask other people that work there.
    Hope that helped,
    Andy

SAF
    SAF has left the building.
    I have arrived!
    Threadstarter

Andy, thank you for the advise. Most likely I am in error, but do not trust providers of service to be entirely honest about reception in Ganado. Will ask the locals when I get there which is a good idea. Have a great week. Sharon

Phone(s)
    Motorola
    Nokia
    Provider(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint
    Images

Originally posted by: SAF
    HELP! I am trying to find a cellular phone service that will work on the Navajo Reservation in Arizona. Will be working in Ganado AZ for three years and need cellular phone.
    Sharon,
    Without question, Cellular One of NE Arizona is the best carrier in the area. They are locally operated, although some of the owners are in the East. They are still adding towers, and are adding GSM to their sites. However, coverage is not 100%, but C-1 has by far the most. I believe AT&Ticon (TDMA) phones roam on C-1 there, but I cannot verifiy that.

Even when traveling north of Taos, NM, through the Rio Grande valley, and I lose Verizonicon service, my phone accesses C-1/NE AZ from over 100 miles away!

-Bill
    Mountain Wireless Cellular Ratings & Reviews
    and Cellular Maps.

Thread Information