Samsung wireless extender for verizon wireless

We have Straight Talk phones that use the Verizon towers, and live in a canyon that allows absolutely no cell phone ...

Movin' on up!

Default Samsung wireless extender for verizon wireless

We have Straight Talkicon phones that use the Verizonicon towers, and live in a canyon that allows absolutely no cell phone reception. I've done a little research and found that the Samsung Wireless Extender (made for Verizonicon wireless) should work with my phone even though I don't have a contract with verizon. Only problem is, I need someone with a verizon wireless account to activate the device.

Can anyone back that up? I have a friend with verizon wireless who is willing to activate it for me if it will work. Just don't want to spend the money before knowing it will work...

Or if anyone has any other suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

BTW - Here is a link to the device I'm talking about.
    Set Your Location

Compulsive Signal Checker Yankees368's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    iPhones 4S???
    Provider(s)
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    Devices
    S9 HD, 30GB iPod 5g, 2GB nano, Dell XPS M1530
    Images

Default Re: Samsung wireless extender for verizon wireless

I am not sure exactly how the Verizonicon model works, but this would not work on the Sprinticon side. With the Sprinticon model, even a Virgin Mobile phone (a company owned by Sprint itself) will not work with it. In fact, it will completely block all calls being attempted with a Virgin Mobile phone.
    "'Current Sprint Service Can Not Be Used' What the hell does that mean?!?"

Nokia 5190 > Samsung a460 > Sanyo 6200 > Sanyo 8100 > Sanyo 8200 > Sanyo 7400 > Samsung a900 > Samsung a900m > Motorola K1m > Sanyo M1> HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Pro > Palm Pre > Blackberry Tour > HTC Evo 4G > Motorola Droid 2 > Motorola Droid X > Samsung Droid Charge > Motorola Droid RAZR > Apple iPhone 4S

Movin' on up!
    Threadstarter

Is there a "universal" model anyone knows about that will work with any phone?

Phone(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Novatel 4620 MIFI
    Sanyo -Taho by Kyocera
    Provider(s)
    Verizon , Sprint , Millenicom
    Devices
    Cyfre & Maximum Signal Cellular amplifiers

Signal Re: Samsung wireless extender for verizon wireless

No , not a femtocell . Wireless cellular amplifier systems work with any carrier on the frequencies they cover

Quote Originally Posted by khamer View Post
    Is there a "universal" model anyone knows about that will work with any phone?
    WWW.MaximumSignal.net
    Stay Connected !!!

Movin' on up!
    Threadstarter

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Signal View Post
    No , not a femtocell . Wireless cellular amplifier systems work with any carrier on the frequencies they cover
    English please

Phone(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Novatel 4620 MIFI
    Sanyo -Taho by Kyocera
    Provider(s)
    Devices

Excuse me??? That was English . The extender is a femtocell . Femtocell only work with phones for the carrier the femtocell is issued by. Wireless cellullar amplifiers work with multiple carriers.

English please
    WWW.MaximumSignal.net
    Stay Connected !!!

Movin' on up!
    Threadstarter

Excuse me??? That was English . The extender is a femtocell . Femtocell only work with phones for the carrier the femtocell is issued by. Wireless cellullar amplifiers work with multiple carriers.
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to insult your reply. Honestly I don't know anything about cell phones. Femtocell and cellular amplifier mean nothing to me. But it sounds like I should be looking for a wireless cellular amplifier. Is this similar to the femtocell device in that it works through an internet connection? I need something that will work the internet because I live in the bottom of a canyon.

Thanks for your help.

Phone(s)
    Sam. Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    Samsung GalaxyS Captivate
    HTC Tilt 8925
    Nokia 6555
    Provider(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Devices
    MP3 player, WWVB wristwatch, TI-80

Femtocell and cellular amplifier mean nothing to me. But it sounds like I should be looking for a wireless cellular amplifier.
    You can recognize a wireless cellular amplifier by the two antennas, one to connect with your handset and another to connect to the distant cell site. A wireless amplifier could serve multiple handsets of multiple carriers. It can be dual band, or single--cellular or PCS (or SMR for Nextel). Look for two antenna connectors.
    Is this similar to the femtocell device in that it works through an internet connection?
    Now you recognize the difference--the femtocell device has to connect the the service provider's switch directly. It connects to your handset via an antenna, and to the service provider by internet. All the femtocells I've read of or seen have a built-in anttenna, and a RJ-45 Ethernet jack.

The femtocells are service specific. While Sprinticon provides the network for Virgin Mobile, a Virginicon Mobile handset user can't use a Sprinticon AirRave femtocell.

Apparently you will be the pioneer.

COtech
    I have entered my 1000th message!

Phone(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Novatel 4620 MIFI
    Sanyo -Taho by Kyocera
    Provider(s)
    Devices

A cellular amplifier system is not carrier specific . As long as you have any signal at all a good amplifier system should enhance that signal so you have usable signal on all the frequencies that amplifier works on.

A femtocell is issued by a specific cellular carrier and generated signal through a hard wired internet connection you have in your building . Femtocells are not generic . A femtocell need to be issued and activated by a specific carrier . A femtocell will only work on said carriers devices and will not work with any devices from another carrier.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to insult your reply. Honestly I don't know anything about cell phones. Femtocell and cellular amplifier mean nothing to me. But it sounds like I should be looking for a wireless cellular amplifier. Is this similar to the femtocell device in that it works through an internet connection? I need something that will work the internet because I live in the bottom of a canyon.

Thanks for your help.
    WWW.MaximumSignal.net
    Stay Connected !!!

Movin' on up!
    Threadstarter

So the amplifier actually requires a small amount of reception in order to work? I have to hike up about 1,000 feet of elevation to get 1 bar (and that's if I'm lucky).

Looks like I'll have to either switch carriers or keep my land line...

Phone(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Novatel 4620 MIFI
    Sanyo -Taho by Kyocera
    Provider(s)
    Devices

In your situation , you may need to switch carriers . Ask your neighbors who they use and have success with at their homes .
    WWW.MaximumSignal.net
    Stay Connected !!!

Movin' on up!
    Threadstarter

In your situation , you may need to switch carriers . Ask your neighbors who they use and have success with at their homes .
    I believe this is this the case. My neighbors use AT&Ticon and have one of their femtocell's. Verizonicon is supposedly the best out here, but like I said, that signal is 1000 feet above me.

Thanks for your help!

Phone(s)
    MOTO X
    Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro
    ZTE Open with Firefox OS
    Provider(s)
    AT&T
    Devices
    Kindle Fire

khamer,

You have not told us which carrier you use. Most of the major carriers have a femtocell offering that uses your internet connection to provide cell service. Why not investigate what your carrier has available.

Movin' on up!
    Threadstarter

Quote Originally Posted by rjniles View Post
    khamer,

You have not told us which carrier you use. Most of the major carriers have a femtocell offering that uses your internet connection to provide cell service. Why not investigate what your carrier has available.
    M girlfriend and I both have straight talk phones, I believe it is a subsidiary of Tracphoneicon. Straight talk phones, depending on the model, use other carriers towers. The phones we have both use the Verizonicon Network, this is why I thought maybe the Verizonicon Wireless one would work for us, provided we had someone to activate the device.

There is no femtocell on straight talk's website, so I think I'm out of options without switching carriers.

Resident Spamslayer Jay2TheRescue's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Western Electric 302, 500
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Zune 30gb & way too many BT devices to list
    Images

Yeah, I don't see how a femtocell would work with a prepaid carrier. You would have to switch to a standard carrier with a contract to have one of these devices.
    http://www.speedtest.net/android/256739406.png

I made my first post!

I have a network extender and just got off the phone with Verizonicon with the same question. We had Verizonicon when we bought the extender and now we are with Straight Talkicon and the extender does not work. Verizon told me we had to have an OPEN account with them in order for the extender to work. It worked beautiful for the short time we were still with Verizon. And we do have phones the work off of the Verizon towers. Hope this is some help. Also the rep told me that I cant send it back that the only way to recoup my money is to try to sell it. GREAT ....RIGHT ????

Thread Information