Replacing lost Verizon phone

I'm a rookie. Stupidly, I lost my very nice Verizon LG EnV2. Was told by Best Buy cell phone rep that ...

I made my first post!

Question Replacing lost Verizon phone

I'm a rookie. Stupidly, I lost my very nice Verizonicon LG EnV2. Was told by Best Buy cell phone rep that I could buy a Verizonicon no contract phone, call in to change ENS number and use that phone. Folks at Verizon store said nope, can't do it. Any body out there that has done this or tried and failed? I am currently 11 months into a 2 year Verizon contract.

Phone(s)
    BB 9550, Moto Droid
    Retired: BB Curve, LG9100
    Moto Z6tv, E815,V710
    Nokia 3285, Nokia 6185
    Provider(s)
    Verizon on both phones
    Images

Default Re: Replacing lost Verizon phone

If by no contract phone you mean buying a prepaid and activating it on your number they were correct, you can not do that. You can however by any postpaid phone at full retail price and put that on your account. Another possibility is, depending on what service plan you are on, you may become eligible for a discounted upgrade once you hit the 1 year mark. If you are 11 months into it you may only be a few weeks away from saving a lot of money.
    Cars became my job, so phones became my hobby. Car's are not my job anymore, but phones are still a fun hobby.

Phone(s)
    Samsung Moment
    Provider(s)
    Sprint

If cost is an issue, you can always look into a used/refurbed phone. Just be sure that the ESN is good.

I made my first post!

My daughter in law lost her Verizonicon phone. I had purchased a prepaid Verizonicon phone months earlier, had a phone number assigned, but never used any minutes. I called the # that came with the prepaid phone, and they were able to move my DIL's phone number to the pre-paid. No hassles and much cheaper than paying for months or years of insurance.....or buying a phone @ the verizon store. If the Verizon store refuses to do it, it's worth a chance to go buy one (I paid $24 for mine), then call the customer service # with the prepaid.

Phone(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Nokia Lumia 521
    Samsung Gusto 2
    Provider(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Devices
    Nexus 7
    Images

If I am not mistaken, Verizonicon requires the prepaid phone account to be active for six months (perhaps yours was on that long?)... after that, you can move any number onto it as needed.

This is why I keep my old phones around. I have an enV Touch, a LG VX3300, and 2 Motorolaicon W385 phones. I do keep insurance on my line because my old phones are too much of a downgrade for me... the older phones are for my family.

Other than that, the only "cheap new non-prepaid" phone at retail price is the Kin OneM, which is $120, the CDM8975 is $140, and the Samsung Haven is $160...
    Follow me here.

Reluctantly proud Verizon Wireless user since 2005.

GO BRAVES!!!!!!

Contract Cellular history: Verizon: 2005 to present, Sprint 2001 - 2003
    Prepaid history: Alltel/Verizon 2005 to present; T-Mobile: Off and on since 1999; AT&T 2003 - 2005

last time that I called customer service to move a phone number to a different phone, they wanted $20 to do it. I just do it on-line now.. It's pretty easy and quick.

Thread Information