How Do I get my own Voicemail Access Number?

On AT&T and T-Mobile, I can dial the code *#62# and it will show me what number my phone forwards missed ...

I have arrived!

Default How Do I get my own Voicemail Access Number?

On AT&Ticon and T-Mobile, I can dial the code *#62# and it will show me what number my phone forwards missed calls to. This is the phone number of my regional voicemail system. If you dial that number on some other phone, you can leave me a voicemail by typing in my phone number at the menu.

I'm trying to figure out how to get my voicemail system number for my Verizonicon account. I know that missed call forwarding can be SET by dialing *71 [number] on Verizonicon but I just don't know how to find what it's currently set to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Phone(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    Provider(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Devices
    Macbook, iPod Touch, JVC Everio
    Images

Default Re: How Do I get my own Voicemail Access Number?

You could just call your phone and press # when the Voicemail answers to remotely access it.

I have arrived!
    Threadstarter

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmiles2006 View Post
    You could just call your phone and press # when the Voicemail answers to remotely access it.
    Hey thanks for the reply. I actually need the backdoor number because I need to be able to leave voicemails to certain people without calling their phones. This is easy to do with AT&Ticon and T-Mobile, just call the voicemail backdoor number, dial in their phone number, and you are instantly transferred to their voicemail. For some reason I can't figure out how to do this with Verizonicon.

If anyone can shed some light on what GotVoice is doing (i.e. how they get your backdoor number and or leave the voicemail), I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks!

- dshap
    Last edited by M in LA; 08-06-2009 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Link Removed

Quote Originally Posted by dshap View Post
    Hey thanks for the reply. I actually need the backdoor number because I need to be able to leave voicemails to certain people without calling their phones. This is easy to do with AT&Ticon and T-Mobile, just call the voicemail backdoor number, dial in their phone number, and you are instantly transferred to their voicemail. For some reason I can't figure out how to do this with Verizonicon.

If anyone can shed some light on what GotVoice is doing (i.e. how they get your backdoor number and or leave the voicemail), I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks!

- dshap
    They likely have agreements with carriers that allow the carriers to place the messages in the VMboxes. GotVoice is likely not doing this; they likely just send the message along to the appropriate carrier who then posts it into VM.

I know of no "backdoor numbers" for VM.
    Last edited by M in LA; 08-06-2009 at 12:49 PM.

Phone(s)
    LG VX11000 enV® TOUCH Ver
    LG Dare ™ VZW (Evil Empir
    LG enV2 VZW (Daughter) Ra
    T720 (retired)
    Provider(s)
    VZW (Evil Empire) & Alltel

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 480X800 LGE VX11000 enV® TOUCH)

Quote Originally Posted by dshap View Post
    On AT&Ticon and T-Mobile, I can dial the code *#62# and it will show me what number my phone forwards missed calls to. This is the phone number of my regional voicemail system. If you dial that number on some other phone, you can leave me a voicemail by typing in my phone number at the menu.

I'm trying to figure out how to get my voicemail system number for my Verizonicon account. I know that missed call forwarding can be SET by dialing *71 [number] on Verizonicon but I just don't know how to find what it's currently set to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Depends on where you live. My La Jolla, California service still has a backdoor access number. My Phoenix, Arizona service no longer has a backdoor access number since it was deactivated. Reports are that VZW is slowly deactivating backdoor access numbers. I had a link to a site that had all the backdoor numbers. I could search for it if you need it. Again, a lot of those numbers have been deactivated...

Phone(s)
    Motorola
    Nokia
    Provider(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint
    Images

Mountain Wireless Cellular Ratings & Reviews
    and Cellular Maps.

Thread Information