International calls question

ok i was wondering if i had a basic Verizon family plan as in like 700 minutes, if i were to ...

I made my first post!

Default International calls question

ok i was wondering if i had a basic Verizonicon family plan as in like 700 minutes, if i were to recieve international calls, would i be charged a fee, or like per minute, or would it just be deducted from my 700 available minutes??

Phone(s)
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Nokia 6030, Nokia 6310i
    Nokia 8310,
    Provider(s)
    T-Mobile US, Fido CA, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Devices
    iPod Nano

Default Re: International calls question

Quote Originally Posted by aalsaqri View Post
    ok i was wondering if i had a basic Verizonicon family plan as in like 700 minutes, if i were to recieve international calls, would i be charged a fee, or like per minute, or would it just be deducted from my 700 available minutes??
    Received calls (at least if you're in your local area) are charged the same no matter where the calling party is calling from.

Phone(s)
    Blackberry 8830
    Provider(s)
    Sprint

like Telecom said in your local area.......most companies maintain that policy but there's no guarantee especially with the smaller local carriers when youre roaming
    Everything Plus 500: 500 Flexible Anytime Minutes, UNLIMITED Nights and Weekends (7PM), UNLIMITED Mobile to Mobile, UNLIMITED Power Vision, UNLIMITED Messaging (Text/Picture/Video), Pick 3

Get me out of Newbieville!

Quote Originally Posted by aalsaqri View Post
    In order to receive and send international calls you must contact Verizonicon and request I-dial (International Dialing) you can see the price for calls on their web page.

Phone(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Nokia Lumia 521
    Samsung Gusto 2
    Provider(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Devices
    Nexus 7
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by low13 View Post
    In order to receive and send international calls you must contact Verizonicon and request I-dial (International Dialing) you can see the price for calls on their web page.
    If you RECEIVE an international call while you are in the USA (or plan coverage area), nornal airtime rates apply and IDial is not needed to receive incoming international calls. I have received calls from Nigeria and I dont have the IDial feature. Airtime only applied to that call.

IDial is needed if you are going to make international calls.

Phone(s)
    HTC Droid DNA
    Provider(s)
    Verizon Wireless (since 1994)

Quote Originally Posted by Quint101 View Post
    If you RECEIVE an international call while you are in the USA (or plan coverage area), nornal airtime rates apply and IDial is not needed to receive incoming international calls. I have received calls from Nigeria and I dont have the IDial feature. Airtime only applied to that call.

IDial is needed if you are going to make international calls.
    Just out of curiosity, Quint, depending on the time of day, does it take of of your weekend, or night allowance if you receive the call at that time? Or is there a set "cents" amount per minute on the call regardless of the time of day? Just want to make sure I completely understand how this works.
    PacTel Cellular (1994) became AIRTOUCH (1994-2000) which became verizonwireless (2000-Present)

Phone(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Nokia Lumia 521
    Samsung Gusto 2
    Provider(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Devices
    Nexus 7
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Mike View Post
    Just out of curiosity, Quint, depending on the time of day, does it take of of your weekend, or night allowance if you receive the call at that time? Or is there a set "cents" amount per minute on the call regardless of the time of day? Just want to make sure I completely understand how this works.
    It depends on the time of day the call is received. There are no additional fees to receive an incoming international call... Calls received during peak times uses peak minutes; if you are out of minutes, then, of course, the overage rate applies. International calls received received during off peak times uses the off peak allowance. There aren't any extra fees to receive an international call.

Just make sure that you're in the USA or appropriate coverage area, and you'll be fine.
    Last edited by Quint101; 07-26-2008 at 6:54 PM. Reason: Added disclaimer regarding the location of the call!

Phone(s)
    HTC Droid DNA
    Provider(s)
    Verizon Wireless (since 1994)

Quote Originally Posted by Quint101 View Post
    It depends on the time of day the call is received. There are no additional fees to receive an incoming international call... Calls received during peak times uses peak minutes; if you are out of minutes, then, of course, the overage rate applies. International calls received received during off peak times uses the off peak allowance. There aren't any extra fees to receive an international call.

Just make sure that you're in the USA or appropriate coverage area, and you'll be fine.
    Thanks Quint. That's exactly what I wanted to be sure of.
    PacTel Cellular (1994) became AIRTOUCH (1994-2000) which became verizonwireless (2000-Present)

Thread Information