Voicemail delay

I am getting full bars on my phone but there are times when my voicemail gets deliver really late. My phone ...

Phone(s)
    E815
    old reliable landline
    VOIP
    Provider(s)
    Verizon

Default Voicemail delay

I am getting full bars on my phone but there are times when my voicemail gets deliver really late. My phone beeps to tell me i have a new vm. I call and the time stamp was an hour ago. I have no idea why it was deliver so late.

Phone(s)
    Sidekick 4G
    Provider(s)
    TMobile
    Devices
    Laptop, iTouch, iPad, FordSync, GPS

Default Re: Voicemail delay

It happens to me as well. This morning at 6:30 AM I received the first notice of a voice message that was left at 1130 AM yesterday. My phone was on all day long, until 9:00 PM last night and I was in my home area the entire time.

This happens often with Verizonicon - we've even had VM's show up days after they have been left. I've called Verizonicon and they don't really seem to have an explanation.

I would love to know why this happens.

Phone(s)
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Provider(s)
    Verizon Wireless

full network maybe?

Get me out of Newbieville!

Don't know exactly how vzw works but the cause could be you roaming on anoter companies tower.

Fresh Member
    Threadstarter
    Phone(s)
    E815
    old reliable landline
    VOIP
    Provider(s)
    Verizon

Verzion, the most realibile network! Damn, i am using it as a business phone. I can't afford to not get a voicemail late. Kills my business. I called CS and they say to update the phone every 30 days. That didn't help. The CS said maybe i have an old phone. E815 which is less than 30 days old. Its the network. Maybe they should run fewer commericals and invest in their networks.

BTW: If you lock an application on the phone, the update will reset your code to the last 4 digit of your cell number.

RJB
    RJB has left the building.

Phone(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Images

Sorry you are having all the trouble if you dont like the way Verizonicon is running things you do have the choice to go with someone else.

Fresh Member
    Threadstarter
    Phone(s)
    E815
    old reliable landline
    VOIP
    Provider(s)
    Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by RyanB
    Sorry you are having all the trouble if you dont like the way Verizonicon is running things you do have the choice to go with someone else.

I dont think they will let me out of a 2 years contract. 24 months and counting.

Phone(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Provider(s)
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Images

Would you mind stating the area this is happening? Most of us have never had voicemail problems with Verizonicon, neither do we have network/capacity issues.

Phone(s)
    Motorola v120e (2)
    Motorola V266 (2)
    Provider(s)
    VZW, USCC

I am in Central Virginia area and my VZW voice mails have been delayed up to 3 days. My phone is old though (V120e). Don't know if thats why mine are delayed.

Phone(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Provider(s)
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Images

Call Tech support first, have them look into it and open a trouble ticket. Try to see if other Verizonicon users are having the same problems- if not, it's either your account or your phone.

RJB
    RJB has left the building.

Phone(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by foraminal
    I dont think they will let me out of a 2 years contract. 24 months and counting.
    No you are right I forgot to add the ETF

Phone(s)
    Moto K1m/V3m/E815//V60s
    LG VX4500/4400/3100/TM510
    MotoQ GSM/L6i/SamsungA310
    Qualcomm & Nokia
    Provider(s)
    VZW, AT&T
    Devices
    PDA, Pager, 800 Mhz digital radio

The next best thing to do after calling CS to open a trouble ticket is to go to the nearest VZW corporate store with a service counter and have them check the phone - they will typically do a *228 and do a physical inspection for damage, etc.

Voice mail does get delayed because of tower maintenance & upgrade, and I've experienced that myself over the past 10 years with VZW - along with delayed or missed text messages - it could happend to any wireless carrier. It's no worse than my office/home PC running XP and corporate intranet crashing, or my broadband connection being downed for a few hours or overnight. Technologies do have its limitations and failure does occur.

Phone(s)
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Provider(s)
    Verizon Wireless

on my moms really really old LG phone AND almost a year ago, voice mail messages were delayed. Now I never have trouble with them being delayed, with the exception of a couple of minutes while my phone is in and out of service cuz of crappy coverage at my house.

Phone(s)
    LG VX8300
    Nextel i760 (work)
    Provider(s)
    VZW, Nextel
    Devices
    Palm T3 w/wifi, iPod 30GB w/video

Quote Originally Posted by foraminal
    I am getting full bars on my phone but there are times when my voicemail gets deliver really late. My phone beeps to tell me i have a new vm. I call and the time stamp was an hour ago. I have no idea why it was deliver so late.
    Call customer service (or go to your local VZW store) and ask them to remove the "MWAIT" flag (message waiting) from your account and then add it back. When I worked for VZW a few years ago, we were told to do this if people were experiencing a delay in receiving the voicemail or text alert. It apparently reinitializes your account with the switch and usually cleared up the problem.

Phone(s)
    Sidekick 4G
    Provider(s)
    TMobile
    Devices

This has been an off and on problem with Verizonicon voice mail for me for several years, through many different phones.

Sometimes the delays are understandable, as when I have been in an extended calling area and reenter a Verizonicon native coverage area.

Others are not so easily understood. For example, when I haven't been more than 10 miles from my home and remained within my home calling area for days and suddenly receive a voice mail indicator from a day or so past, or even stranger, for an old message previously played and deleted.

Strangely, text messages don't seem to present this problem.

This doesn't happen often but it does happen. The customer service persons don't seem to understand this problem.

I made my first post!

I've been having this problem for months. Seems sporadic, but I sometimes get a delay of more than 48 hours from the time the VM was left. My phone is an LG VX8300, so its not that old. At these prices, I'm shopping for a new service. Fortunately, I haven't been baited into a contract extension with Verizonicon's equipment "discounts", so I don't have early termination penalties to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveSirR View Post
    I've been having this problem for months. Seems sporadic, but I sometimes get a delay of more than 48 hours from the time the VM was left. My phone is an LG VX8300, so its not that old. At these prices, I'm shopping for a new service. Fortunately, I haven't been baited into a contract extension with Verizonicon's equipment "discounts", so I don't have early termination penalties to worry about.
    Do you honestly think changing carriers is going to fix it? I've been with Sprintpcsicon, Cellular One, Alltel, Verizonicon Wireless, and even a small local provider before Cellular became a "must have" and only us weirdos used it. In EVERY CASE I had this problem.

Just remember you are dealing with wireless technology and it is not reliable like the phone in your house that has a hardline going to it. When I hear people telling me how their cellphone problems cost them business I want to rip what's left of my hair out and ask why they are relying on something that is inherently unreliable in the first place!!

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. It could be your reception isn't exactly great in the area you live in so IDK. Maybe getting a phone with a slightly stronger signal couldn't hurt.

Phone(s)
    Sidekick 4G
    Provider(s)
    TMobile
    Devices

It happens to me too - often with Verizonicon and has for years. I was in NC for several weeks (well within a Verizonicon coverage area) and upon returning to Virginia promptly received 5 voice messages dating back almost a month. It's happened right here at home as well, not quite a month's delay but sometimes about 24 hours and with different phones. Never have been able to figure out why.

Try this on for size: a caller today acutally wanted a dollar amount credit because her voicemail had been delayed for two days (a known problem in her area that was finally resolved). Voicemail costs NOTHING. She wanted credit for something that she was not paying a thin red cent for. Needless to say she was very frustrated when she got no money back.

Phone(s)
    Sidekick 4G
    Provider(s)
    TMobile
    Devices

You make a good point about the lady and her wanting a credit for slow receipt of voice messages and I agree that an occasional glitch should be taken in stride by a customer just as they would expect the provider to do if they messed up a forgot a payment for example. I've been more than impressed with how Verizonicon will make concessions to a customer when the problem isn't Verizonicon's to begin with.

However, another related issue has to do with service levels and what people should expect/are entitled to reasonably expect they should be. Tmobileicon recently found out the (very) hard way that the agreement is a two party affair and there are limits to even the best constructed exclusions in a mobile services contract. Customers need to read those darn contracts and make sure they can live with the terms and conditions they contain.

Thread Information