1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VZW text message problems

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by AnthroMatt, Feb 17, 2003.

1. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    I cannot send text messages with my phone or with my wife's phone. I am using the SE T61c and she has a v60i. With the v60i I get an "unable to send" message, but with my phone I get no such error message, though I am led to believe it is not working because no one I have sent messages to has received them from me.

I would like to avoid having to go into the Verizon store for a fix if possible for a few reasons: 1) I hate waiting an hour for customer service, 2) they never carried the SE T61c at any corporate stores, so I know (due to a 270c issue I had earlier) they won't know what to do with my phone, and I am guessing neither will telephone CS. 3) my car is buried in snow.

I can receive text messages without a problem.

If anyone has had a similar problem and could detail what they did to fix it, I would appreciate it!

2. Craptain

Craptain Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Text to an email to check, does your wife's phone recieve text messages? What part of Columbus?

3. AnthroMatt

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Yes, if I send the text from my phone to my email address it works. My wife gets the text messages when I send them from the Verizon webpage (so do I), but not when I send them to her from my phone. I don't mess with her phone as much, because she has no messaging plan, but I am on the unlimited promotion. (I'm special!) So the only problem is I can't seem to send them to other phones. Have you sent text to Sprint people? THe VZW CS said it would work, I thought maybe that was my problem, as most of my friends use Sprint, but since my wife doesn't get them from me and can't send them from her phone, I don't know what is up.

I am on the east side, right between Whitehall and Reynoldsburg, just north of the 270/70 interchange.

4. Craptain

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    That is very odd, I have sent text messages to two people using Sprint. One to my Mom who has a phone from her work and another to a friend on some kind of share plan. My friend got mad because they charged her a dollar for receiving a single text message. If you want to try a text to another VZW phone let me know because I have the unlimited promotion too. [​IMG] I'm special too [​IMG]

5. AnthroMatt

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Actually, if you wouldn't mind sending me a message and then I could try to reply? I have tried sending messages to my wife with and without the 614 area code on her number and to my old roommate in Tempe with a 1-480-xxx-xxxx and just the 480 trying to get it to work. If I can reply to your message that might at least narrow down the problem. contact me at and I will send you my cell #

6. Craptain

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    sure thing

7. Craptain

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Got your message, sent a reply... let me know if you get it

Go Bucks [​IMG]

8. Jimi77

Jimi77 New Member

My Phone:
    LG Vx8100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    You might want to just call CS. I had a friend that had the same problem w/ Verizon. He had a SMS block on his account from a few years ago. So, if you have been a customer for a while you might have the same problem.

9. VTEC01EX

VTEC01EX Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung E105
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I'm in the Columbus area too, and last week txt msg's seemed a little flakey. My girlfriend and I send a ton of messages between her V60i and my V60i/Timeport, and a few that we sent out last week never got to the other end. If you either of you want to do a test, just shoot me an email at [email protected].

10. Craptain

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Thans for the offer Vtec but I already swapped text messages with Matt and it worked ok. I think he is still having issues with Sprint and with his wife's V60.

Oh by the way Vtecs are slow [​IMG] just playing

11. AnthroMatt

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Thanks for the offer VTECH.

I don't know whats going on with my wife's phone. Maybe it is just mad at her because she never uses it. Why she *had* to have the v60 (back when they were $250 w/ 1yr contract) I will never know. My sister out in Oregon sent me an email last night and she recently switched to Verizon from Sprint, so I sent her a text message and she got it.

Still don't know why Sprint people aren't getting my messages...if VZW text messaging was messed up last week that might explain it, though maybe it is Sprint's fault. Yeah, that has to be it [​IMG]

12. VTEC01EX

VTEC01EX Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung E105
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I haven't been able to send messages to Sprint users, either. I was able to send and recieve from a Cingular user though, which I wasn't expecting to work.

Craptain - I'm very much aware. But I also get 400mi to a tank ;-)

13. Karlos2121

Karlos2121 New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung SCH-A930
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    This probably explains my problem...

I found this website while searching for anwers to this problem.

I had a Samsung SCH-A670 and was unable to text out to the other phone (same model) on my plan (fiance's phone). I was able to receive texts fine. I've been with Verizon for 4+ yrs now....When we first got the phones (summer of 04) there were no problems...Then several months ago, I was unable to send any text out, to anyone.

The messages just get saved in my "sent box".

My fiance now has an LG VX7000 and I now have the Samsung SCH-A930. Still my outgoing texts do not "leave" my phone. The LG can send & receive all the PIX/TXT messages no problem (my fiance's best friend is currently in school in Oregon, and they text all the time).

I've send an email to the Cust. Support via the Verisonwireless.com website. I have yet to hear back. If I don't hear back soon ( a day) I'll call them probably.

Did anyone else "sending text" problems get solved?:loony:

Like someone else said, I would rather not go in to the verizon office as everytime I'm there, i'd have to wait hours to get to the front of the line....

14. Karlos2121

Karlos2121 New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung SCH-A930
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Verizon emailed me back and fixed the outgoing text message problem I had. I didn't expect a reply within 24 hrs, so I was surprised.

Here's what was written to me:

Problem solved :biggrin:

15. OHuser

OHuser New Member

Thanks for all the info. I may suggest this to my sister, who cannot get pictures off her e815 (SMS and MMS fail). A TransFlash memory card from Staples fix it for now...