1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VX6100 Screen Problems

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Snowboard3r, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Snowboard3r

Snowboard3r New Member

:confused:
    Has anyone had any screen display problems with the VX6100? About two weeks ago the display would be scrambled, but all it would take is shutting the flip phone and reopening it and it would be back to normal. The other day driving home I got a call and when I picked it up the outside display was blank and so was the inside display. I can make and recieve calls, but no display. Everyonce in a while when you open it the main display will show up inside, either it will be scrambled, white, or show up normal. But the outside little window won't work at all just white. I have had this phone for 13 months. Verizon told me to bring it in (about 1 1/2 hours away) to have them flash to the new software version, I doubt that it will work. I think it is hardware. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
    Shane

2. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    I would go directly to the service manager and show them that it is a mechanical problem with the Flip. This may save time loading the S/w. If you don't have insurance or extended warranty, you can offer to pay $50.. for a FRU. That is a factory refurb.

3. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    If you're really nice about it, they might just go ahead and exchange it for a FRU anyways- that's what they did on my VX6000 that was over a year old...they did it without much talking.