1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verizon Wireless Enchances Riverside and Orange County Network

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Andy, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Riverside County, California, Customers Can Make More Calls

Verizon Wireless adds new cell sites in Indio, Nuevo and Riverside

Media Contact Info

Ken Muche
    [email protected]
    949-286-8193

09/18/2007

IRVINE, CA — A teenager needs a ride home from school. A grandfather wants to wish his grandson a happy birthday. A first responder must text message her entire team. Whatever people consider urgent, they can depend on the most reliable national wireless network thanks to Verizon Wireless.

Verizon Wireless customers in Riverside County are now experiencing increased coverage thanks to three new cell sites:

* Indio – West Indio, including area along Highway 11 and south along Jefferson Avenue to Avenue 52
    * Nuevo – improved service in the growing community of Nuevo
    * Riverside – Along La Sierra, including La Sierra University

“Our local expansion is just another way of ensuring that Verizon Wireless’ network continues to support our leadership in customer loyalty,*” said John Palmer, regional president of Verizon Wireless.

Verizon Wireless is the only major carrier with a 30-day network Test Drive pledge that pays for calls if a customer isn’t satisfied and switches to another carrier. The company has invested more than $40 billion in its wireless network over the past seven years. Of that amount, more than $4 billion has been invested in California, helping Verizon Wireless stay ahead of the growing demand for its services and add new capabilities, like V CAST Mobile TV.

There are more than 2,300 Verizon Wireless stores nationwide, including those at Circuit City. For more information about Test Drive from Verizon Wireless or any of our products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless.

* Loyalty claims based upon publicly available churn (customer turnover) figures.

About Verizon Wireless
    Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 62.1 million customers. The largest U.S. wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 67,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.

Verizon Wireless Enhances Network Capacity In Indianapolis, Indiana

2. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Orange County, California, Customers Can Make More Calls

Verizon Wireless adds new cell sites in Fullerton and Irvine

Media Contact Info

Ken Muche
    [email protected]
    949-286-8193

09/13/2007

IRVINE, CA — A teenager needs a ride home from school. A grandfather wants to wish his grandson a happy birthday. A first responder must text message her entire team. Whatever people consider urgent, they can depend on the most reliable national wireless network thanks to Verizon Wireless.

Verizon Wireless customers in Orange County are now experiencing increased coverage thanks to two new cell sites:

* Fullerton – Near intersection of Commonwealth Avenue and Euclid Street and surrounding area
    * Irvine – Area near intersection of Irvine Boulevard and Pusan Way, including along Trabuco Road

“Our local expansion is just another way of ensuring that Verizon Wireless’ network continues to support our leadership in customer loyalty,*” said John Palmer, regional president of Verizon Wireless.

Verizon Wireless is the only major carrier with a 30-day network Test Drive pledge that pays for calls if a customer isn’t satisfied and switches to another carrier. The company has invested more than $40 billion in its wireless network over the past seven years. Of that amount, more than $4 billion has been invested in California, helping Verizon Wireless stay ahead of the growing demand for its services and add new capabilities, like V CAST Mobile TV.

There are more than 2,300 Verizon Wireless stores nationwide, including those at Circuit City. For more information about Test Drive from Verizon Wireless or any of our products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless.

* Loyalty claims based upon publicly available churn (customer turnover) figures.

About Verizon Wireless
    Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 62.1 million customers. The largest U.S. wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 67,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.

Orange County, California, Customers Can Make More Calls

3. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I know that these are not the only new Verizon sites in Southern CA, but interestingly enough the only ones Verizon decides to make a PR on.

4. larry

larry Go Lakers!
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG G3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint

So Verizon has finally joined the antenna farm at Euclid & Commonwealth huh? About time. :D Every other carrier including Metro is already there.

5. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Lol well it is about time if Metro is even there. :D

6. larry

larry Go Lakers!

My Phone:
    LG G3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Don't even get me started on Metro. They're just leeching off of any tower they can find. I haven't seen them build a single tower of their own.

7. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Lol, well if that works out for them coverage wise, why not. :D
    And I'm sure getting approvals for an additional set of panels (if the tower has that capacity) is much easier than getting approval for a whole new tower.

8. larry

larry Go Lakers!

My Phone:
    LG G3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Yeah in fact they have no other choice (because of newer zoning regulations and NIMBY's) but to settle for a 2nd or 3rd elevation on an exisiting tower instead of building their own. Also if it wasn't for their 6 sector azimuths I don't think they could have made it here.

9. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Talking about their 6 sector azimuths...did you ever get some pics of that up, Larry?

10. larry

larry Go Lakers!

My Phone:
    LG G3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Not yet even though I drive by them every day. I guess I'm just not motivated enough to make a stop for Metro pics. :D