1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verizon Retention Dept?

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by DJFury, Nov 4, 2002.

1. DJFury

DJFury Junior Member

Does anyone know the number for Verizon's retention dept if they even have one? I heard they do. Someone I know just got first incoming min free added to his retention plan for Sprint. Wonder if you can do the same for Verizon if u threaten to cancel service? Also, How much is it to cancel a 2 year contract?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't think they do...AFAIK, Verizon never offered 1st incoming minute free...

They will not offer you any other plans than what is already offered...

3. Cenobyte

Cenobyte Decepticon Air Commander

My Phone:
    LG VX8700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I work for VZW in NorCal. I used to be a member of our retention team, but the team was disbanded about a year and a half ago. As far as I know, no VZW call centers use "Save" teams anymore...it's up to the customer care reps to save you. We do have a retention plan in some areas, but not all. Also, in most VZW billing systems, first incoming minute free is no longer an option to add onto accounts.

4. AdamK

AdamK Junior Member

yah really depends...ive canceled 3 phones pre-contract successfully, including one in the last 3 weeks from cingular and it took 2 hrs. but i did it 11 months ahead of contract not evena penny. However then i called back and played my girlfriends father who didnt know what to say and they were holes and didnt erven consider it (while b4 i canceled myne they even offered 50.00 credit on new phone which i could buy at disocount price)

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I couple of years ago Verizon/Bell Atlantic Mobile did offer first incoming minute free. I don't know exactly when or why this stoped.

6. CoreyTheGent

CoreyTheGent Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Silver V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    With Verizon, when you buy your phone, activate it, etc., you have 15 days to return the phone/exchange it for another one. You also have 30 days to cancel your new contract/go back to your old plan.

If it is past the 30 days, it's $175.00 to cancel any contract, whether it be 1 year or 2 years.

I'm not sure what you mean by "retention team" but if it was replaced, what you may want now is the Loyalty and Management team. You can get them through customer service (*611 on your phone).

7. Not2daft

Not2daft Junior Member

There is still sort of a retention dept...They may call it something like "tier 2" when you talk to customer service but they basically seemed to be able to work with me alot more. The guy I talked to was willing to waive the cancellation fee since my service was so bad, and the salesman knew that the areas that I said I'd be using the phone had known service problems...

As it turned out, I stayed with Verizon and they ended up giving me a credit with which to buy a new phone on their service...no service problems anymore.

8. danno74

danno74 New Member

Verizon Retention 877-500-0734