1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verizon LG VX8600 Service Hidden Menu

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by tmac1, Jul 3, 2007.

1. tmac1

tmac1 New Member

Just received a warranty replacement LG VX8600 phone and after programming and activation, I find that the Hidden Service menu (MENU + 0 + 000000) is no longer available. I also find that Bitpim is locked out and cannot access anything in this phone. I was told by Verizon that Bitpim is a program that they don't support or advise using so they would not make any comments.

With my old VX8600 I was able to access all functions using Bitpim.

Anybody have any solutions??

2. dehaven.j

dehaven.j Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    to get into the menu try going to the settings and tools and press # then 000000 to get into the service menu.... to get into the programing mode press * instead of # this is how you do it on the samsung u540

3. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Wow! I hope that VZW didn't find a way to block out the service menu. I'm sure it's still somewhere, it's just a matter of finding it. I always figured that it was just a matter of time, though, until VZW made it harder or even completely took away the menu so we can't do anything "Illegal" anymore.

4. tmac1

tmac1 New Member

I bought and paid for the phone, and I pay a monthly fee for phone service, why is my downloading and uploading pictures, wallpapers, and ringtones to "MY PHONE" considered "Illegal"?

The phone software version is 3 in the new phone but 2 in the old phone so the change apparently occurred from the software change.

5. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Actually, Thanks to CHARLYEE (Thank You very much), here is the guide to enter the service menu on the phone:

Only the step to enter the "secret menu" is different, the rest is the same as the LG8600.

It should go as follows:

1) ##program8700 (##77647268700) SEND

2) Service code: 0 0 0 0 0 0

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  6. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    You are absolutely right- Verizon cripples everything...it's ridiculous, but as long as people keep signing up for Verizon service and keep paying for ringtones, wallpapers, etc. Verizon will not change a thing.

7. Charlyee

Charlyee Ultimate Insanity Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Lol, as long as Andy mentioned my name & is giving me all the credit, I thought I would put in my 2 cents. :D.

The code for the new version of the 8600 is basically the same as the 8700 that Andy posted. What may be different is the last 4 digits maybe 8600 instead of 8700.

I would be curious to see which one it is. Could you please post which one worked? Thanks Much :)

8. tmac1

tmac1 New Member

Well I can access the hidden menu by using (##77647268600 SEND), but I still am not able to use Bitpim to transfer pics and ringtones. Any suggestions for unlocking the file system so I can use Bitpim?

9. Corbetto1

Corbetto1 New Member

Re: Verizon LG VX8600 Service Hidden Menu + BITPIM

I was in your exact same position last week. The camera on my 8600 stopped working so I called VZW to get a FRU sent out (they will do it through the mail 1-800-406-5154) only to find out that I could no longer access the backdoor menus or use with bitpim. The ##PROGRAM8600 solves getting into the backdoor menu but I still couldn't use bitpim either. You will be ecstatic to know through other threads and experimentation I have found a way to transfer tones.
    If the error you get is either 1. "Could not open port: (2, 'create file', 'The system cannot find the file specified.')" or 2. "Access to the file/directory has been blocked on this phone by the phone provider." then here is your step by step solution.
    1. Download old ringtones/pix/phonebook or whatever from the older 8600 to bitpim. (You've probably already done that).
    2. Hook up the replacement phone as if you were going to do a regular transfer but after the device is detected by bitpim go into the settings (symbolized by the crisscrossing wrench and screwdriver in bitpim's toolbar) and change the device the LG-VX8700.
    3. Next attempt to transfer the data you desire as you normally would. IT WILL NOT WORK THIS TIME. You instead will receive some whacky error message. At this point when bitpim's error pops up just click "continue."
    4. Now click on the "find phone" icon in bitpim’s toolbar (symbolized by the phone with the magnifying glass over it). Bitpim will locate your phone and now say that it has detected your VX 8600.
    5. Now attempt again to transfer your tones/pix/phonebook and it will work. However you must choose "replace all" for the transfer not "add." It looked like it was working when I selected "add" but at the end it gave me an error so I switched to "replace" next time and it worked.
    As far as I can tell this is a one shot deal so every time you want to transfer something you have to go through this. And after your initial transfer you cannot transfer anything else without disconnecting and repeating steps 1-5 again.
    Hopefully this will help whoever needs it. The process works the same for reading info from the VZV03 8600's.

10. yorkshire17

yorkshire17 New Member

Anyone having problems with their VX8600 and Bitpim because of their phone being v.3 your problem has been solved. There is a test version of Bitpim availible that will see and work with your phone . Follow this link: SourceForge.net: Files and click on bitpim-1.0.1.20070703-setup.exe.

11. TungstenIHC

TungstenIHC New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I found the fastest way to unlock the filesystem. All you have to do is Get Phone Data and only pick Call History (add). Then go and play with your phone... :D