1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verizon Business Plans

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Dman, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Dman

Dman New Member

Can anyone help me find Verizon's business plans?

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

3. Dman

Dman New Member

I couldn't find any information on their shared business plans at that site. Is that Verizon's intranet site?

4. KevinJames

You know, I had to go back and take a closer look. I found that site using a web crawler. It is Verizon-owned. It appears to be a joint-venture good samaritan organization.

5. Dman

Dman New Member

so no luck on Verizon's shared business plans[​IMG]

6. KevinJames

I may be mistaken about this, but aren't "business plans" pretty well guarded and considered proprietary info? Do you perhaps mean the Vision Statement?

Have you tried writing Verizon corporate for a public financials statement? Those types of things usually give a high-level overview (well-glossed-over, distilled and made-pretty) statement of the company.

7. Dman

Dman New Member

Kevin, You're right about wireless minute plans for businesses being well guarded. Verizon does not (to my knowledge) publish any of these rate plans.

8. KevinJames

Whow horsie, backup that mule-train! I think we are talking two different things here.

I thought the original poster was asking about the Verizon's general business growth and operational forecasts. If the poster was talking about wireless service provided by Verizon to business customers, that is a whole different skunk trail. If that was the question, the poster should contact a Verizon retail store for details.

Kevin

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Verizon Communications is a public company. All the information that is available to their stockholders and the public (including any announced "business plans") is available on or through their Website or from SEC filings. You might look for their latest Annual Report..

Verizon Wireless is a non-public partnership of Verizon Communications and VodaPhone Ltd. Whatever information is available to the public about them is either shown in Verizon public documents (see above) or through VodaPhone (www.vodaphone.com).

Other than those sites, anything else you might find that claims to say what Verizon is going to do is probably speculation.... Employees who "talk out of school" should most probably be fired....

But you can find all the speculation you want by searching for "Verizon" in any of the financial or telecomm Websites and forums....

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Thats not entirely trtue. The annual report isn;t going to tell you much about the company plans. You probably want to read the financial or technolgy newspapers to find that out.
    If knw the state your interested in, you can also ask if they have filed any requests for towers and such . they are regulated and have to file notices with the public before they can do anything.

11. Apoc

Apoc Senior Member

Call Customer Service!

12. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

The only wireless company that publishes there business plans for easy access on there web is Sprint PCS.

Jack

(at least that is the only one that I have found)

13. Guest

Guest Guest

This is a very confusing thread.
    If Dman is looking for Verizon's future corporate business plans that they use to run their business, he probably won't find them...

If he's looking for Verizon's telephone price and service plans for businesses, he needs to contact Verizon's Business and Commercial division -- NOT the consumer Customer Service or a neighborhood cell phone store. The latter two cannot help him! They are specifically not set up to. He will need to talk to a corporate account representative....

I am a telecommunications analyst for a large (non-telecom) company whose name you would immediately recognize. I went through a similar exercise about a year ago trying to negotiate a master cell phone agreement for our company. There were over 500 cell phones involved and mucho minutes each. We talked to all of the carriers. Here's the real skinny:

All of the carriers have privately negotiated rates and plans for business. They don't publish them and they try not to let one company find out what deal other companies get!!! The bigger the business and the more cell services you need/want/buy, the better the plan is. If you throw in all corporate telecom services, you get a much better overall deal. We negotiated a rate of well less than $.04 per anytime/anywhere USA airtime minute -- which includes North American long distance and a substantial international allowance.

Basically, we commit for a certain number of phones -- scattered over the entire US -- and buy a HUGH pool of airtime and LD which are essentially shared between all of them. (We also threw our corporate LD into this!) If we exhaust our minutes, we pay a minimal amount for all additional. We buy well over 1,000,000 minutes a month -- which includes wireline LD and cell phone time. I have some users who do over 5000 minutes per month...

14. Dman

Dman New Member

sorry for all the confusion. i am indeed looking for Verizon's wireless shared plans for businesses. if anyone does have information for about 200 handsets, let me know. if there are any sales reps for verizon out there please reply.
    thanks

15. KevinJames

16. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

Dman,

where are you located

Jack

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Dman,

I am the anonymous telecom analyst from above:
    If I may suggest something:: The fact that you ask your question convinces me that you need to have a serious PROFESSIONAL telecommunications analysis done for your company. This will reveal exactly what you need to do.

If your only interest is in getting 200 cell phones, go right ahead. Any Verizon store would be thrilled to sell you 200 phones and full-up America Choice plans. They might even give you a break on the price.

But cellphones are in fact about the most expensive part of a comprehensive telecom plan. If your business is really big enough to justify 200 cellphones, it is doubtless big enough to need a comprehensive telecom plan that is updated regularly -- especially in today's highly deregulated marketplace.

I would NOT expect an honest and comprehensive plan to be performed by a single venders rep. There are many honest telecom consultants who could provide this service for a fee. Many can also help you evaluate the venders plans. Since I'm on the East coast and you appear to be in the West, I can't offer you any specific recommendations as to companies -- and probably shouldn't in any case.

18. Dman

Dman New Member

Jack, I am in Denver. Do you work for Verizon?