1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unlock Galaxy S2 4G Epic from Sprint

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by RICMS, Feb 1, 2012.

1. RICMS

RICMS New Member

I purchased the Samsung Galaxy 2S 4G Epic Touch with CDMA dedicated to Sprint. I need to unlock it and ask for suggestions. i.e. Will the upcoming releases of ICS ROM flashed to the phone unlock it as well?
    If not then are there any recommended code generators based on cmda and the IMEI?
    Thanks!!
    Cheers

2. Charlyee

Charlyee Ultimate Insanity Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Are you asking about SIM unlock? If so a CDMA phone cannot be unlocked and it does not use a SIM card.

Typically a Sprint phone can only be used on Sprint.

3. budney

budney Resident Headbanger Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia Lumia 1520
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Correct! But you will need the MSL code if you want to reprogram the phone, change internal settings (not recommended), or to use it on Metro or Cricket type providers if they allow that phone on their network.

The easiest way to get your phones MSL is to log in to your Sprint account and start a chat session. Just tell the rep you reset the phone, and now data isn't working. They will take you through the steps to reprogram the phone. The first step they will have you do is enter a six digit code (123456), this is your MSL. I know your phone is OK. You don't need to do what they are telling you to do, but just pretend to go through the motions. ;)

4. RICMS

RICMS New Member

That certainly sounds like an ideal plan but I am not connected with Sprint in any other capacity than their name is on my phone! They would somehow refuse to help my phone in this instance.

Thanks for your suggestion!!

Cheers!!

5. budney

budney Resident Headbanger Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia Lumia 1520
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    True, that is no help to you then. :(

But this might:

Guide How to Read MSL/SPC code - xda-developers

Their maybe other ways to get it, but you will have to search the site. :)

6. RICMS

RICMS New Member

Thanks for your help!!

I have decided to sell the phone. anybody interested? Never been used!!! :)

7. jakson0100

jakson0100 Banned

Unlocking the phone is not the issue. Getting the MSL/SPC is trival process especally on a rooted phone. Non rooted, use cdma work shop. The msl allows you to enter the required settings to get it working on the new network. The issue is getting the new carrier to enter the meid into their system. Good luck getting Verizon to enter the meid into their system or Sprint entering a Verizon meid into their system.

Once you leave the land of subsidized phones, moving CDMA phones from one CDMA carrier to another CDMA carrier is pretty common.