1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble sending text messages?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by stanswx, Aug 10, 2005.

1. stanswx

stanswx New Member

Is anyone else having trouble sending text messages since the new PRL update? Everytime I try to send a text message to a nextel or cingular customer, the signal bars goes from full strength to nothing and then it switches towers or something. Even plugged in to my external car antenna which gives me full strength, it often fails sending the message. (a few seem to be making it through) Messages to myself seem to go right through. I have an LG4400 with PRL 50329 on it. My location is Champaign, IL. Thanks!

Stan

2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    You said this started happening after you got a new PRL?
    Does the signal bar fluctuation only happen when sending a Text Message or also when trying to make a call?
    Try *228 option number 1; call Customer Service, explain them your problem and see what they can do.

3. NJ_Pubcrawler

NJ_Pubcrawler Junior Member Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Nextel
    I updated to the new PRL last week some time and have not had any problems sending or receiving texts to anyone (VZW or otherwise).

I just did tried sending a text from my VZW phone (VX7000 w/PRL 50329) to my work cell (Nextel i730) and didn't notice the symptoms you mentioned. Granted, it took 3-4 minutes for the message to reach the Nextel phone, but that's no surprise considering how horrible Nextel service is in this area.

4. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    ZTE Unico
    Wireless Provider(s):
    America Movil, Verizon
    No problems here (Boston, MA).

5. stanswx

stanswx New Member

Yeah, maybe my phone is just going down the drain. My 2 year contract is about up, maybe I can get a new phone. :) Thanks!

Stan