1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TracFone voicemail call restrictions

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by JimGee, Nov 8, 2008.

1. JimGee

JimGee New Member

I've used TracFone for three years and have been generally satisfied with the service. However, a few weeks ago I had to change from my Nokia phone to a new Motorola. Ever since that time I've had problems with my new voicemail. When I try to access it, I often get an error message saying, "Check call restrictions-34." If I wait a second and try again I often get my voicemail, though I've had to try as many as 20 times before succeeding. When I finally access the voicemail, I am often unable to delete messages. I've called their technical service twice. The first time I was just told it would be taken care of in four hours. The next time I called I was on the phone with them for a half an hour, entering this code and that code. Nothing helped. (I might add that things could be worse: I noticed a post on Yahoo from a person who got this message when she tried to make a call.) It seems like an all-purpose message for "You're screwed." Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks.