1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t-mobile in Mansfield, Ohio?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by JAZZY, Jul 17, 2003.

1. JAZZY

JAZZY New Member

I'm in Mansfield, Ohio and currently am with Alltel. Our contract is about up and we are looking into possibly going with T-Mobile. Never heard of t-mobile until I started researching phones on the net yesterday.

Does anyone know how t-mobile reception is in Mansfield and surrounding areas?

jazzy

2. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

Tmobile is pretty good in ohio and offers surprisingly wide coverage. Verizon has the edge if you need to go into more rural areas. Tmobile has coverage extending about to Mt. Vernon to the east of columbus and along the interstates.

I think Tmobile offers the most bang for the buck of any carrier min. wise (Sprint does data wise, m2m etc..), so if there coverage area suits you fine, call quality is excellent and you will be pleased.

3. JAZZY

JAZZY New Member

Thanks GoodmanR.....My concern is the coverage, because I do live in and travel in rural areas. Do you drive through Mansfield or know of someone who does with tmobile?

I don't know of anyone with tmobile....I never even heard of them until a couple of days ago. I would just like to find out all I can before I try something new. I have had no problems with Alltel. T mobile's plans and cam phone sound like such a good deal, but would not be worth it if the coverage wasn't good.

thanks for your input.

4. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

coming in from the 71 side coverage was pretty good up and down 71.

when you go north of town and north east is when youll start to have issues. the coverage in mansfield itself was pretty good though. i was in knox county for awhile and had to switch to Verizon because of the coverage there. i would say that if coverage is your concern, verizon dominates ohio in coverage. verizon is not a pcs provider, they use 800mhz so they get better range from their towers, that combined with simply more and better placed equiptment give them the coverage edge there, but tmobile kills them on price. its a tradeoff..

i would recommend using the trial periods. go buy a tmobile phone. in the first week drive everywhere you see yourself needing the phone and see if your signal is strong enough. if not return it and buy verizon.