1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T-mobile contract - what is the cancellation policy?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Mulsanne, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Mulsanne

Mulsanne Junior Member Junior Member

A friend of mine bought a Samsung V205 last week with new T-mobile service in New York City. The phone is great, but the network is horrible! Calls have too much static and more often than not, calls are not received/do not go through/get dropped very easily. I was wondering what the cancellation policy is for T-mobile? I haven't had a chance to look at her contract, so I was hoping to get some feedback from this forum.

Hopefully she still has time to cancel for a full refund...........? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. PTYES

PTYES New Member

3. Matt

Matt Twin girls! Senior Member

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    14 days from activation is the policy.

4. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing.. Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    yea after that youll fight them tooth and nail to get out of it.

5. landrumdh

landrumdh Junior Member Junior Member

Most carriers give you 2 weeks. I believe that's the policy for Tmobile. Verizon is 15days.

6. Mulsanne

Mulsanne Junior Member Junior Member

Thanks to everyone for the info. I'll tell them to cancel ASAP! What good is a feature-packed phone like the Samsung V205 if the network cannot provide adequate service?

7. Matt

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    TM has provided good service in NYC in general for a number of years. However, over the last 6 weeks or so, complaints are starting to increase. I don't know if it is due to their own subscriber growth, or the network sharing agreement with Cingular.

8. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    hmmm....I don't think I see it that way. I know that Omnipoint left us a rather weak network and T-Mobile has made a great improvement. The large number of new towers they added during 2002 is an indication of how bad it used to be prior to that. However, there are still some ancient odd weak pockets where all other providers work fine especially indoors. Hopefully, they will take care of them someday. But I think with 40Mhz of bandwidth for the NYC market they should be able to handle it pretty well even with Cingular sharing the network. So I doubt it has anything to do with capacity. Many people at HoFo are reporting problems have increased in the past couple of weeks. Some are saying that there are some towers down across the area.

However, I know the static problem that Mulsanne is talking about. It can get so horrible you think you are using analog. It happens with some defective Samsung models. I would replace the phone. I don't think it has anything to do with the network.

9. Matt

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    ...deleted...