1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switching SIM cards on AT&T phones...

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by sbsyncro, Nov 10, 2004.

1. sbsyncro

sbsyncro Junior Member

I am on a corporate GSM plan and have a company-issued Nokia 3590. I just signed up for AT&T service for my wife and got a new v505 (and made $75 in the deal, BTW). Is it possible to simply switch the SIM card between the phones to switch the numbers (and billing plans)?

The real deal is that I am going to give my wife the 3590 since she uses like 20 minutes a month, and then take the new v505 and "swap" it with my corporate phone.

Will it require intervention/assistance from AT&T or my PITA or my MIS department? <grrr...>

Thanks

2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Your account, phone numbers, etc. move to wherever you put the SIM card in. That's the beauty of SIM cards. Just take switch the SIM cards between the phones. That's all you need to do. Nothing else.

If you saved the phonebook in the SIM card, the phone numbers will be available in whichever phone you put the SIM in.

3. sbsyncro

sbsyncro Junior Member

Awesome! First good news I had all day!

THANKS

4. Bugwart

Bugwart Bronze Senior Member

If AT&T would unlock your phones, you could use them with any provider's SIM cards.

I you buy an unlocked GSM phone, then both your SIM card and your wife's would work in it.