1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Upgrade site may be a scam

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by KevinJames, Jan 26, 2013.

1. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

I sent two phones in after my wife & I upgraded last year. It has been a full 3 months with no reply. I tried emailing last week and the response said I would hear back within 24 hours (business week only). It has been 8 days and no response.

Here's the website:
    Home | Samsung Upgrade

Noticed that it is sponcered by "Cloverwireless." Not sure if that means this is not really an officially recognized site but I got the lead from an official Samsung website.

2. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

3. Maximum Signal

Maximum Signal Senior Member

It seems to me if you got the link directly off Samsung's and it was advertising Samsung had control over . Samsung should have some responsibility in the matter . Good luck with that ! But you should make someone at Samsung aware of the issues . Even so they might pull this advertising so future Samsung users do not get screwed . Good Luck , I hope you get the money.

4. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

After two weeks and 2 emails, I finally got a reply. Their records show (which can be viewed on the web) that they indeed authorized and processed the requests within TWO WEEKS of the devices being mailed. Both phones (an original Samsung Galaxy S and a Samsung Infuse) were (are) in excellent condition. They supposedly reimbursed $30 on the Galaxy S and $85 on the Infuse. Then they did nothing with it, never actually sent the refund. According to the email, they are sending the refund which they claim will arrive in couple days. Beware of these people. You definitely need to hound them. If you forget it, so will they. Keep copies of all the paperwork you need to fill out, keep you logon to their website and the tracking numbers. Without them, your claim is nothing.

5. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

Here's hoping your refund checks will arrive soon.