1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung T809- how do you connect phone to computer?

Discussion in 'SAMSUNG' started by preciousx3, Apr 7, 2006.

1. preciousx3

preciousx3 New Member

i cant get my phone to connect to my computer.
    i just got this phone yesterday and i spent the whole day trying to make it work~ reading manual and help but its not helping:mad: ...
    can anyone PLEASE help me? :(

2. drunkin master

drunkin master New Member

You have to change the usb setting to modem not mass storage. Then you can use the software and connect to the phone. Good luck.

3. TenaciousSteve

TenaciousSteve New Member

So THAT'S why it won't let me connect to the computer!? Thanks! I'll give it a try as soon as I get home.

On a side note, does connecting the phone to the computer allow you to DL your phone list along with all the caller-specific images/ringtones?

4. TenaciousSteve

TenaciousSteve New Member

OK, I've tried this and it doesn't work. It still won't connect to the computer. I click "Connect" in the Samsung software and it does nothing!?

5. Kuhjaay

Kuhjaay New Member

I had some problems too, I had installed the Samsung PC Studio 3 and USB drivers but not luck. I retried connecting several times and shutdown and restarted the PC Studio 3 program.

I found this thread on the Samsung support forum and followed all of the steps. I reinstalled my USB Drivers and rebooted my pc and it worked like a charm!

http://erms.samsungusa.com/customer...ID=557&AT_ID=56602&PROD_SUB_ID=560&PROD_ID=-1

I have downloaded and uploaded my phonelist and calendar from MS Outlook 2002, but it was kind of quirky. I was able to download/upload ringtones and pictures, but no information that tied my contact to a specific ringtone or image. (Note - I lost my Groups when I uploaded contacts back to the phone.) Hope this helps!

6. mughals

mughals New Member

You can use datapilot. such as http://www.wirelessgalaxy.com/dataconnectivity/DataPilot_DP200-119.html
    I hope this will solve the problem :)