1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ringer Not Working?

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by bciarcia, Mar 5, 2003.

1. bciarcia

bciarcia New Member

Hey all,

I have the LG VX4400. For some reason, when I receive a call, all I get is the vibration. I have tried changing the manner-mode, changing ringers, and checking the volume. I don't know what else to do. Has anyone else had this problem? I was able to hear the ringers as I was changing them, so i know my speakers work.

Thanks in advance,

2. Coop

Coop New Member

You don't have the phone set on "vib & high" by any chance?

You'd assume the phone would both ring and vibrate on that setting, but it's not the case. That setting makes it vibrate 3 times and then ring. Because Verizon's voicemail kicks over in 3 rings, the phone never rings. If you want to use this setting you can call *611 and ask them to set your voicemail to 5 rings or so... They did so for me with no problem, the rep was even happy to find out that it would correct the problem as she had just gotten the phone [​IMG]

3. bciarcia

bciarcia New Member

coop,

thanks for your reply.. that didn't work either.. I tried all of my ring levels.. it still just vibrates. I had this happen once before, but I found out, it was because I set my answering machine speaker to on. Once I turned it off, it worked.. however, it "is" off now, and still nothing..

4. Alex

Alex Senior Member Senior Member

Reset your phone. (Menu, 8, 4, put your security code/ last 4 digits of your cell #, 6)
    You don't loose any data. It will just reset everything to the default.

5. bciarcia

bciarcia New Member

Actually,

I got it working this morning. I had turned it off while it was charging, then when I turned it back on, I noticed that it said the service area was changed. Don't know why it was saying that. I know I was in an area over the weekend, where it had switched to analog, but that was almost a week ago. Anyway, I started messing with the services; switching it from A, to B, to Home. All of a sudden, it started working. Really strange. Could I just have a faulty phone?