1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revol Wireless - Ohio

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by Moosiebear, Jun 20, 2005.

1. melee07

melee07 New Member

hey... i just happened to come across this site while looking for something on revol...
    and i was just wondering if anyone knew what kind of frequency revol uses...
    and you know why :D

2. coalminer

coalminer Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Tour
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    In Columbus they own 10Mhz of the PCS C block.

3. vvvjay

vvvjay New Member

What about Revol?

I am interetsed in what you guys think of Revol, is this some fly by night company that wont be around in 6 months. I am interetsed in getting thier service but am still trying to learn more about them. I currently have Verizon and hate it, due the large bill and all of thier bull that I dont like putting up with.

4. ic0n

ic0n New Member

Re: What about Revol?

Well I had Northcoast PCS witch is now Revol. The Service Area is hit or miss. (thats how it was when I had them) But for the price you can't beat it. 47 bucks a month for unlimited everything. Now I've been told they have extended the service area. Also you have to buy the phone witch flat out sucks. Your going to at lease spend a "C-note" on the cheapest phone. Blah, I guess you just gotta take the good with the bad.

5. melee07

melee07 New Member

i guess i wasn't asking the right question...
    what i meant was if revol used
    850 MHz (824.2 - 848.8 MHz Tx; 869.2 - 893.8 MHz Rx)
    900 MHz (880-2 - 914.8 MHz Tx; 925.2 - 959.8 MHz Rx)
    1800 MHz (1710.2 - 1784.8 MHz Tx; 1805.2 - 1879.8 MHz Rx)
    1900 MHz (1850.2 - 1909.8 MHz Tx; 1930.2 - 1989.8 MHz Rx)
    or...something else i've never heard of..

6. COtech

COtech Bronze Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sam. Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    melee07, coalminer answered your question with "10 MHz of PCS C block". You can read more about the 1900 MHz band, Personal Communications Service at the Federal Communications Commission's website.

COtech

7. coalminer

My Phone:
    Blackberry Tour
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Re: What about Revol?

I would not worry about them not being around in 6 months, they have been in Cleveland for a while and have done pretty well in that market, and now that they have several markets in Ohio that you can get service in, it will only get better.

Depending on how much you travel you might want to have a prepaid phone for when you are traveling outside their coverage areas.

8. WVOz1970

WVOz1970 Junior Member Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX9800
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Someone had asked earlier about Columbus... I'm a VZW user myself in Columbus area, but I will tell you that since Christmas time, our local TV stations have been running a ton of Revol commercials, so my guess is that they have moved into the area.

9. BossManDude

BossManDude New Member

Re: Revol Wireless - WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THE PLANET

Recently, we purchased a phone for one of our contractors. We mad an arrangment to continue to pay the monthly bill as long as he was with us. He was listed as user on the phone...Revol Rules.

Long story short he no longer works for us. He had all kinds of tools and equipment that belonged to us. Which he at first refused to bring back, even at the threat of withholding his final check. Why would he, he had a couple thousand in tools and equipment and with all of his draws his check wouldn't begain to cover it.

After threat of criminal action he brought it all back. About two weeks later we spoke...even at the possibility of giving him some more work.

Blinded...the phone no longer works. I called Revel and asked what the problem was because the payments should come out each and every month automatically from my credit card.

They said that someone (they didn't know who) called and had a security password installed and only if I knew the password would they release information.

Great...well surely they will recognize I am the credit card holder and take my card off the account. No way...only if the person that put the password on agreed. So they continue to bill my credit and more only recourse seems to turn the card off and get a new one. Simple enough but this card is tied to a million things.

To top it all off they are someone teh rudest customer service people I ever met. "Dean" told me he did not have s supervisor to speak with. I said well who do you answer to..he said, " a panel of people", I said let me speak to one of them...he refused...I asked for a name...he refused.

This got so frustrating I threatend to come down a break both his legs. Trouble is...I have no idea where he is at... :) so there goes my shot at venting my frustrations.

This is just insane...so I guess Monday I have no choice but to file fraud charges and get a new card re-issed. I can assure you this...I WILL NEVER USE REVOL AGAIN. And I will tell everyone....:censored: :loony: :mad: :banghead:

You will never succeed in business without out great customer servers and theirs sucks.

Stay awy from Revol....THE REVOL REVOLTER!!!

10. coalminer

My Phone:
    Blackberry Tour
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Well, alot has changed with Revol, There are now several more areas that you can use your phone, The service areas are now Cleveland, Akron, Canton, Columbus, Dayton, Cincinatti, Toledo, Warren, Youngstown, Pittsburgh PA, Buffalo NY, Louisville KY, and Indiapolis IN. And now they must have signed an agreement with Metro PCS because it says Detroit Michigan is coming soon.

That is a pretty big unlimited calling area. And I can see it getting bigger, I bet we will see more Cricket and Metro PCS cities added soon.

11. Deezntz

Deezntz New Member

Oh yeah, I love Revol. Terrible customer service, crappy kyocera phones and questionable equipment protection. Add they are raising their rates. Just go to T-mobile

12. coalminer

My Phone:
    Blackberry Tour
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Where did you hear about them raising the rates? I have not heard anything about that. I know they are offering more services, but as for raising their core rates, I dont know about that.

When you say terrible customer service, what kind of problems did you have with them?

And for the equipment protection, anything is better than nothing I think.

13. DaManFromNoWher

DaManFromNoWher New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6265i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Revol
    They haven't here, yet.

OMG don't even get me started. Granted you get what you pay for, but Revol has the worst CS of any company I have ever dealt with. They charge $5 if you call them from your phone, if you call them from a land line, there is a horrendous wait, luckily they have a call back option, but don't hold your breath. I called a 9 AM one day, and got my call back at 6 PM that night! You want to email them? Go for it, in 5 emails (spanning about 6 months) I've gotten one reply! Live chat on Web? tried id 3 times over the last year. Never ever got anyone, even though they site says it is live.

My Nokia has a $125 deductible! (still better than paying $300 again, but it's covered for one year under Nokia anyway! BTW, make sure you ask for a new phone, not a reconditioned one, if the later, no one year warrantee!)

Other things to watch for are, they will nickel and dime you to death! I'm paid up until March, just upgraded from a Kyocera to Nokia this week, paid the fees well ahead of time, plus the "activation" fee to keep my number on the new phone, plus the $300 for the phone (I'm not a new customer so no $60 rebate for me), and they had the gall to text me yesterday that I own them $10! I have no idea what this $10 is for! So today, I'll enter Revol CS hell to find out that the person who answers my call, email doesn't know, and that they'll get back to me, someday...:loony:

But hey, if you want to pay 60+ a month for unlimited everything (as long as you don't mind not being able to message anyone that isn't a fellow Revol user, don't mind not being able to email your own phone, don't mind not being able to enter you cell number on any website, and have it recognized. The by all means go with Revol!)

14. trouble0991

trouble0991 New Member

WARNING: I am a teenager and i know how to complain but i do want help if someone can

ummm i found this on accident but i was wondering if there is anyway to download FREE ringtones and games for a revol phone? thats what i was looking for when i found this and so far i havent found anything useful and its driving me crazy. the only thing i hate about revol so far is i dont want to have to BUY REVOL MONEY (revol bucks:( ) cant they just bill my account for the stuff i want to download to my phone? this is crazy why should i have to buy money to buy the stuff i want on my phone? and the revol place across from my work in Cleveland doesnt even let me buy revol bucks there i have to find another location that will let me or buy them over the phone and i dont even have a credit or debit card because i literally bought my phone and service with my FIRST EVER paycheck... yeah lol im one of those Cleveland teenagers Revol lured:( i do like my phone and my service BUT this is just annoying

15. DaManFromNoWher

DaManFromNoWher New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6265i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Revol
    Does your phone have BlueTooth? If so just BT what you want to your phone from your computer. If not, you'll have to buy a cable for your phone. You'll still ahve to nuy a BT device for your computer if it doesn't have one already. Either way you're looking at about $50 (or wait for a sale, I got my BT device for only $25).

16. coalminer

My Phone:
    Blackberry Tour
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Since this thread has been raised again, I wanted to add that they are building service out on US route 422 from Cleveland to Warren, which is a pretty rural area, I didnt think they would ever serve where my campgrouds is in Parkman, but they will soon!!!!:)

I will have to try to drive around a little this weekend to see if they are building just 422 or they are trying to fill the entire area.

17. Cailiff04

Cailiff04 Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Any idea if and when Revol is going to come to Findlay Ohio? They have service in Bowling Green 25 miles away which extends to Cygnet almost 15 miles away from me. Why dont they just cover all of I-75 from BG to Sidney (just north of Dayton) That way people here in Findlay could try them out!! It would make more sense to do that!!