1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reset or crack security codes

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by kmiyaki, Jul 27, 2007.

1. kmiyaki

kmiyaki New Member

:censored:

I have a Nokia 5185i slider version and my husband before he left placed a security code on it that locks up the whole phone! anyways, he has all of the sudden placed this security code of some type and I cannot figure out this code. I want to "get in". So for those of you who can appreciate my reasoninig for doing this please help! I believe it can be up to a 10 digit in order to do this and I have no idea what he could have used.

2. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy Senior Member

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Unfortunately if he put a security code in you may not be able to unlock it at all. It would be a number he created so you can think of some combinations to try.

I am not sure if the carrier will provide a master reset code that "May" unlock the phone especially if it's his.

Sorry I couldn't help you more on this, maybe someone else has a better solution though.

3. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    Galaxy S4 GE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; T-Mobile To Go; MTS; e-kit
    Generally either a special hardware or flashing/resetting the phone to factory defaults are required. Some phones allow calculation of the master security code, but I'm not sure if it works with the 5185i — the one I used was for GSM phones only.

4. zdoyle35

zdoyle35 Junior Member Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Pearl
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T (work),Alltel(personal)
    i always try the last four of the phone number

5. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy Senior Member

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

Per the OP her husband set a code so it's very doubtful it will be the default one, but it doesn't hurt to try it.

6. gadgets crusader

gadgets crusader Junior Member Junior Member

My Phone:
    n6630
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SMART COMMUNICATIONS,GLOBE
    yeah maybe you can try your luck in doing such combinations.....

7. x7bren

x7bren Junior Member Junior Member

My Phone:
    I WANT A DASH / BB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA
    This is what I know.

General Pin codes for Nokia are below:

if a master code was installed for Security, then you may have to have the phone flashed in order to get in unless it was a SIM PIN and that's a while 'nother issue.

However if it was a PIN code, try putting in the wrong pin and it should ask for a PUK code. Nokias will usually say STOP and flash a stop sign and then ask for a PUK (Pin Unlocking Key) which is usally provided by the Service Provider. T-Mobile for example....

Hope this helps and Good Luck!!

8. tearsonurcheek

tearsonurcheek Junior Member Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular
    The 5185i was a CDMA phone, and thus won't have a PUK code. However, CDMA Nokias do use "12345" as the default security code.

9. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1030
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Western Wireless
    The 5185i was a bar-style phone, not a slider... I'm confused. :confused: Are you sure it's a 5185i? Either way, it probably isn't the last four of the phone number.

10. GregoryTheGreen

GregoryTheGreen New Member

Hi There, you have a few choices:

1) Ask yourself why he is putting a code on his phone. I did have one on mine due to my girlfriend phoning up people when she was drunk and calling me all sorts including upsetting my mum. She regretted it next day, but damage done. If you dont do things like that, then there is no need for him to have a pin lock on his phone and I would asume he is untrustworthy.

2) There isnt any way to break that code without sophisticated hardware. There is however software available that allows you to read tx msg and listen to phonecalls as long as bluetooth is left switched ON (his phone) This is fairly cheap. Think of the lock as giving himselft rope to hang himself with. The more secure he feels, the bigger the amount of evidence (should he be guilty) when that BlueTooth is accidentally left on. Obviously you can down load funny songs ,pictures to send him via bluetooth after a few red wines :)

3) An easy way to see if someone is being unfaithful, your relationship with his friends. If he is found to be putting you down in any way to work colleagues or friends he goes out with, Watch Out! Quite simply if one of the lads had a sweet girlfriend or wife at home, there isnt a chance anyone would allow him to be shady. Watch out for him kicking off on you for no reason. This eases his own guilt and gives him an excuse, should he be found out.

4) If he is unfaithful by Mobile, he can be by PC also. You can by software that sits in the background and monitors everything. (spector) Its fairly expensive, but you can download cheaper trial versions from E-mule for nothing. (input 'spy software') Warning before doing this, disable 'system restore' as it keeps a record of new software installed. Also disable your antivirus software as sometimes it finds it. (or just remove it by going into control panel and add remove programs) If you are paying for it , you can always deny knowledge and install it again.

5) Never mention that these things are available. To pre-warn is to forearm him. I had a girlfriend 10 years ago, that didnt even go anywhere. She had been unfaithful inside the 1st 2 months, I thought if she never went anywhere, she couldnt be unfaithful. She used her 1 night every 2 weeks with her dad, to meet one of her dads work colleagues. :(

All these things are sneaky and in a perfect world you wouldnt need to do it. My ex girlfriend would have taken me for half the house if I had not found out 1st and put my house in her name. I was able to get proof of an e-mail and that email stopped her going for a share of furnature in the house (that she didnt even buy.) The threat to show that e-mail to her dad and family was a powerful weapon when it got nasty. Knowledge is power and god bless spy programs for developing trust and possibly ensuring I have met the right girl. :) Good luck Greg