1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reactivate old phone?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by ndmsmith, Nov 21, 2007.

1. ndmsmith

ndmsmith New Member

I broke my Sprint phone and my contract expires in less than a month. I'm switching service so I don't want to buy a new phone. I have an old deactivated phone from a friend that is a sprint phone I want to reactivate to use as my phone. Can I do this? If so can I do it online or do I have to go to a store? Can someone tell me how I can do this. Thanks

2. larry

larry Go Lakers!
    Super Moderator Senior Member

You can't do it online just yet but you can either call customer service and they can do the ESN swap for you or you can take it to a store. But an $18 activation fee may apply but you can usually get a customer service rep to waive that for you if you try hard enough.

3. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Sorry not the time or place but what carrier are you going to and what are the reasons?

4. ndmsmith

ndmsmith New Member

Thanks for the help. I took an old phone to a Sprint store and they reactivated it with my number for no charge. Also, I'm moving and switching to Verizon because they have better service where I'm moving.

5. txchick1971

txchick1971 New Member

shouldn't have done that, they will reset your upgrade date and now you won't get a discount for 22 months.......happened to me.......a year ago, my daughter lost her phone and we replaced it thru lockline...........then a month later, her purse got stolen from school and instead of claiming thru lockline again i just used and old phone my mom had.........well now it's been 2yrs since we opened the account and they are ready to upgrade to the rumor but i have to pay full price for her phone because of activating that old phone.........i shoulda just paid the 50 bucks again........sucker me once but not again!!!

6. rallykid

rallykid New house = No free time

Talk to customer care and explain the situation to them. They can put the correct upgrade code on your account. I have seen it done many times at my store.